This is what I'm doing now :
- WB = Cloudy (this made a dramatic difference to my shots)
- Aperture = Sharpest setting for the lens (F4 to F8, depending on lens)
- Shutter Speed = Let the camera decide (A mode), sometimes use M mode if the camera cannot get it right
- ISO = 100
- Exposure Compensation = if necessary, to prevent overexposure
- Focus = somewhere at the horizon, depending on what's in the foreground
- Take many, many shots
I will bracket exposures and use mirror lockup, if I have a tripod. Maybe do a panorama as well.
I'm thinking of trying filters next.