Thread: Camera under warranty....or is it?

Default Camera under warranty....or is it?

Have you ever been asked to pay for repair or replacement of part/s of your camera even though it is still under warranty?

I am asking as I was asked to pay for the replacement of the Quick View button of my camera. The service engineer said that they have to charge the cost to me as the button did not work due to the user's fault i.e. I pressed the button too hard when using it.

How could they ascertain that it is the user's fault and not because of production error?

What is your take on this?

TIA.

ask yourself this, did you really press it hard enough? if so, then ask nicely if you could have a discount for it

if cross your heart you know nuts about the button being so delicate, then talk it out of paying.

sometimes being nasty can save you money, esp if you bitch hard about it.

sometimes a smile is all that it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by drafting88
    I am asking as I was asked to pay for the replacement of the Quick View button of my camera. The service engineer said that they have to charge the cost to me as the button did not work due to the user's fault i.e. I pressed the button too hard when using it.
    then, u should ask back them.
    What is their press pressure spec?
    Does they stated on their manual.
    Does they stated the buttom pressing life....

Bad excluse from them....

Any1 good in Mechical or reliablilty, advice for the correct term to be use....

Quote Originally Posted by drafting88
    Have you ever been asked to pay for repair or replacement of part/s of your camera even though it is still under warranty?

How could they ascertain that it is the user's fault and not because of production error?

What is your take on this?

TIA.
    ha! just say u dunno loh...due to normal usage loh.