Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xperia Arc or iPhone4

Default Re: Xperia Arc or iPhone4

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Err... I think you watch too many TV drama liao la...
    haha ... true true
    like this 1000-episode 愛
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha ... true true
    like this 1000-episode 愛
    what? that drama?

compared to Days of Our Lives... that's NOTHING. they can take an entire 1 hour episode just to use the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    actually no. HAHA. i've used an android phone before. MOTOROLA. and hated it. iPhone's more for fun and games...

this vote is to see who would actually get the ARC

ok votes so far:

Xperia Arc: 4
    iPhone 4: 3
    my vote :

HP webOS
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    my vote :

HP webOS
    OK. I (mentally) support you!

when's the Arc Launching anyways in singapore?

when's the Arc Launching anyways in singapore?
    End of March
    Alpha

Samsung Galaxy SII!
    [Sony α850|KM17-35|85ZA]

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    No matter what, easy to root > hard to root. Cmon, Android is supposed to be open source, what's with restricting root permissions. HTC does it right, Motorola doesn't know what they're doing, and the companies who make it hard to root their phones are also companies you should never buy an Android phone from.
    I love HTC for that!
    There is just so many mods ready for HTC phones

Ryan

... over the weekend my ex-boss said Xperia sucks. haha. told me to get the HTC Desire HD instead. hopefully i can test out the phone soon.

... over the weekend my ex-boss said Xperia sucks. haha. told me to get the HTC Desire HD instead. hopefully i can test out the phone soon.
    I'm sure he also justified that...?

I actually noticed that a lot of Starhub users complain about the X10 because Starhub pre-loads the WRONG APN on the phones. :P
    Alpha

Forget both, get Atrix.

For me, custom ROMs are unnecessary, got root can liao. And atrix is already rooted. Nvidia is coming out with a slew of Tegra optimised games.

Atrix battery is the best so far in the industry. I am seeing 20+ hours of typical usage per charge.
    Last edited by andeelym; 28th February 2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I'm sure he also justified that...?

I actually noticed that a lot of Starhub users complain about the X10 because Starhub pre-loads the WRONG APN on the phones. :P
    timescape interfering with the Android OS. however, i don't see the problem here because SE has already promised not to screw up the Arc like the previous generations of Xperia.

Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    Forget both, get Atrix.

For me, custom ROMs are unnecessary, got root can liao. And atrix is already rooted. Nvidia is coming out with a slew of Tegra optimised games.

Atrix battery is the best so far in the industry. I am seeing 20+ hours of typical usage per charge.
    erm. i don't like Motorola phones. used 3 different models, and i find that the interface is horrid, even with Android. btw, i'm not a techie, and neither will i do funny stuff with my phones LOL

I have to agree that motoblur is motorola being very blur. However, can install other launchers like launcher pro to alleviate that part.

Since you wanna just use it out of the box, I guess Xperia Arc will be pretty good. Anyway its using Gingerbread, so dun have to worry too much about updates. And perhaps can play Xperia Play games.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    I have to agree that motoblur is motorola being very blur. However, can install other launchers like launcher pro to alleviate that part.

Since you wanna just use it out of the box, I guess Xperia Arc will be pretty good. Anyway its using Gingerbread, so dun have to worry too much about updates. And perhaps can play Xperia Play games.
    Ah, yes it comes with Gingerbread, but sooner or later we will expect Ice Cream (rumoured), or a new version with some other name. SE might choose not to do that update.

timescape interfering with the Android OS. however, i don't see the problem here because SE has already promised not to screw up the Arc like the previous generations of Xperia.
    Oh... I never use TimeScape. I use HelixLauncher for my interface.
    Alpha

Ah, yes it comes with Gingerbread, but sooner or later we will expect Ice Cream (rumoured), or a new version with some other name. SE might choose not to do that update.
    Actually SE mentioned that they are de-hooking their apps in order to give faster and more consistent updates. There's a whole new team in charge of the Android line, so things should go up from here.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Actually SE mentioned that they are de-hooking their apps in order to give faster and more consistent updates. There's a whole new team in charge of the Android line, so things should go up from here.
    I'll wait to see what happens first, sometimes companies say a lot of stuff but never really mean them

I'll wait to see what happens first, sometimes companies say a lot of stuff but never really mean them
    Same same... I will wait and see how their Android support going to be, before actually buying an Android phone from them.

So far, in terms of updates, HTC, Motorola and (surprisingly) Samsung do continuingly updating their phones. Though, it may not be the latest Android, at least there are updates.

Read this article to get a better picture on support/updates given by various Android device makers:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17649/android_upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Same same... I will wait and see how their Android support going to be, before actually buying an Android phone from them.

So far, in terms of updates, HTC, Motorola and (surprisingly) Samsung do continuingly updating their phones. Though, it may not be the latest Android, at least there are updates.

Read this article to get a better picture on support/updates given by various Android device makers:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17649/android_upgrades
    Samsung only updates a few phones. My phone is stuck at Android 2.1 (Eclair) , according to Samsung, due to hardware limitations, but I'm happily running Gingerbread (2.3) on a custom ROM on my phone.

Samsung only updates a few phones. My phone is stuck at Android 2.1 (Eclair) , according to Samsung, due to hardware limitations, but I'm happily running Gingerbread (2.3) on a custom ROM on my phone.
    Oh yes... XDA or availability of 3rd party or community support is always another important factor to consider. So, if can read up forum like XDA before buying an Android phones.

To be frank, these days I would check out XDA's comment more often before chooisng an Android phone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast