Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: photo album software

  1. #1

    Default photo album software

    anybody knows if there's a software that enables you to create a virtual album with picture files(offline), and also save as a executable file. it would be useful to send to friends instead of wasting time uploading and downloading online.

    ps. pls do not suggest powerpoint :P. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: photo album software

    Originally posted by reny
    anybody knows if there's a software that enables you to create a virtual album with picture files(offline), and also save as a executable file. it would be useful to send to friends instead of wasting time uploading and downloading online.

    ps. pls do not suggest powerpoint :P. Thanks.
    There are numerous software applications that can do what you require. A search around the web or on sites like Tucows etc will be of assistance.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re: photo album software

    Originally posted by Ian


    There are numerous software applications that can do what you require. A search around the web or on sites like Tucows etc will be of assistance.
    i've searched before i post this. not one of those people who post for convenience.
    the description are usually vague and end up i've downloaded quite a few but it didn't work as expected. the problem is that there are too many. if there's one that had been used and proved user-friendly to recommend, i would appreciate it. if not, i'll just continue to search and test individual software.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: photo album software

    Originally posted by reny
    anybody knows if there's a software that enables you to create a virtual album with picture files(offline), and also save as a executable file. it would be useful to send to friends instead of wasting time uploading and downloading online.

    ps. pls do not suggest powerpoint :P. Thanks.
    You might want to try FlipAlbum.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5

    Default Re: Re: photo album software

    Originally posted by ckiang


    You might want to try FlipAlbum.

    Regards
    CK
    ya ... it is a good software which able to convert ur photos into photo slide very fast ...

    I got the original version ..
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  6. #6

    Default Re: Re: Re: photo album software

    well, dunno how user friendly its to you, but try this wonder s/w called Irfanview. Its a multimedia viewer with some editing capabilities like blur/emboss/red-eye-reduction etc. It resizes with good algorithm (with batch capability). It allows slideshows, creates slideshow EXEs as well as SCRs (screensavers).
    and its free.

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    ..NuTs..

    Originally posted by reny


    i've searched before i post this. not one of those people who post for convenience.
    the description are usually vague and end up i've downloaded quite a few but it didn't work as expected. the problem is that there are too many. if there's one that had been used and proved user-friendly to recommend, i would appreciate it. if not, i'll just continue to search and test individual software.

  7. #7

    Default

    How about these freewares:

    (1) PhotoCD Browser: http://www.photocdbrowser.com/en_index.htm

    (2) IrfanView: http://www.irfanview.com/

    (3) PicShow: http://www.anixsoft.com/

    (4) Picture Slide Show: http://www.btinternet.com/~kaptech/

  8. #8

    Default

    thanks for all the recommendations. i'll go test it out. would be useful to distribute travel photos to my friends in an album format. they were complaining about going online to access.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    So any update about your choice?

    Me also thinking of doing a slideshow of my digital photo.

  10. #10

    Default

    I think ACDSee Foto Angelo not bad too... but ACDSee 4.0 seems buggy...
    Please do not respond to ads from a long time ago. Chances are items have already been sold.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •