Thread: Where do you service your car after warranty period?

Default Where do you service your car after warranty period (for common japanese cars :) )?

Curious.

For the common japanese cars, not exotic/sports nor european cars.
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 23rd February 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Default Re: Where do you service your car after warranty period?

Service my car at my regular workshop at Marsiling reason due to skill and reasonable price.
    Also nearby to my office and i can talk to the mechanic to find out the problem. IMO, if you know the behaviour of your car and do preventive maintenace, it is not necessary to send back to agent. Unless you drive some of the higher marques.

i actually do my servicing elsewhere after 1year, dun be fooled by the warranty gimmicks (unless its a new car model thats not proven "bug-free" yet) of the agents, they are just blood suckers.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

If the car is those high end continental brands, then it is only logical to send back to the respective agents. This is because there are now a lot of electronic parts and specialized car parts that only the agents got the right tools and equipments to service and check.

If it is the usual Japanese, korean, Chinese, etc makes, any reputable workshops should be able to carry out any general servicing.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    If the car is those high end continental brands, then it is only logical to send back to the respective agents. This is because there are now a lot of electronic parts and specialized car parts that only the agents got the right tools and equipments to service and check.

If it is the usual Japanese, korean, Chinese, etc makes, any reputable workshops should be able to carry out any general servicing.
    you are not wrong to say that, but do you think those who can afford that range of cars would be bothered by servicing fee? they wont even blink when getting a parking fine.
    only middle class like myself will try to save a hundred dollar in fee.

with that said, do you know all electronic parts like radio, door locks and even reverse sensor has only 1 year warranty for most car? only the engine and other hard-to-breakdown parts has more years of coverage.
    Last edited by Alan Chan; 22nd February 2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10