Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monopod in NDP

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    me goin to ndp preview too... guess i'll just bring my dslr and a standard zoom lens down... hope there wouldn't be any "trouble"..
    have u ever thought of the contingency plan what if u are blocked from entering the stadium with ur gears?

Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    have u ever thought of the contingency plan what if u are blocked from entering the stadium with ur gears?
    yes. go home.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by EOS500N
    yes. go home.

Hi, do you know if the briefing is compulsory? Cuz nobody has told me abt it.. I'm supposed to go in with a pass..

Quote Originally Posted by scud

but need to attend a briefing at 3pm on sat, 31 July 04.
    i guess that you will be burning most of your time there, from 3~9pm. me not sure on this thou.

Quote Originally Posted by charvy
    Hi, do you know if the briefing is compulsory? Cuz nobody has told me abt it.. I'm supposed to go in with a pass..
    it is my fren's group briefing lar.....
    anyway, enjoy the preview .....

oh.. hehhe.. tot it was some official briefing or sorta..

You too! Enjoy the preview!

Quote Originally Posted by scud
    it is my fren's group briefing lar.....
    anyway, enjoy the preview .....

Quote Originally Posted by charvy
    if you're representing media to be there for shoot, then i think mindef will send out a preview advisory to you, indicating what you should and should not do, and your attire...

the briefing (table tennis rm 3) is compulsory for media/press cameraman and photographer.

was at the preview today and there was this guy shooting away with a full tripod setup within the audience area ... however ... he was in the grandstand area .. not sure if that make any difference ...

Quote Originally Posted by HOCL
    was at the preview today and there was this guy shooting away with a full tripod setup within the audience area ... however ... he was in the grandstand area .. not sure if that make any difference ...
    There was definitely more than one guy with full tripod setup during the preview yesterday. I saw long lenses (estimate about 300-400mm) and people with proper ballhead setups.

I brought along a 28-200mm. In the end, it was neither here nor there. 28 (equivalent of 42) is not wide enough for the whole field. 200 is nowhere near sufficient for anything - can't even recognise Kit Chan in my photos when she was singing opposite the field.

I brought 18-70 + 70-210. The kit-lens at widest is sufficient to cover the entire field but not the entire stadium ... and yes, 210 is not long enough

Default Tripod/Monopod/DSLR OK at NDP

Hehehe...I was one of them with a tripod at the grandstand

All you need is to send your eq through the x-ray machine and you can bring it in...had a full bag of gear + tripod. No problems.

Here are some shots I took at yesterday's preview:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=85880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12