Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: [Pigling] Innocence

  1. #1

    Default [Pigling] Innocence



    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition, tones, "connection"?

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Show the innocence and purity of a child with its soft skin and big, watery eyes.

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    During chinese new year, the kid was curiously looking at every activity around it.

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Black and white can remove colour distractions and emphasise the tones and curves on the child and his features.

    C and C welcomed! Thanks for viewing!
    -YANLING :)-
    Flickr

  2. #2
    Member kwttan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Concrete jungle
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Do u have the uncropped version? No sure why you cropped off half the head and the hand in the first place.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

  3. #3
    Member akszaksz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toa Payoh, Singapore
    Posts
    1,205

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    Do u have the uncropped version? No sure why you cropped off half the head and the hand in the first place.
    second that, personally would prefer at the whole head into the frame
    http://www.akkuaphotography.com

  4. #4

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    Do u have the uncropped version? No sure why you cropped off half the head and the hand in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by akszaksz View Post
    second that, personally would prefer at the whole head into the frame
    Thanks for viewing. I was using the 50mm 1.8 as it was the only lens I had that gave me a wide enough aperture to shoot at the low light condition of the house. Hence I couldn't really zoom. But actually I feel that the tight crop gives focus to the eyes and soft skin by creating a nice L. Idk just my 2 cents!
    -YANLING :)-
    Flickr

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpiggy209 View Post
    Thanks for viewing. I was using the 50mm 1.8 as it was the only lens I had that gave me a wide enough aperture to shoot at the low light condition of the house. Hence I couldn't really zoom. But actually I feel that the tight crop gives focus to the eyes and soft skin by creating a nice L. Idk just my 2 cents!
    but imo, the left eye is too near the edge that somehow makes me feels that this image is incomplete (that was my first impression when the image first loaded). Try giving the eyes more space, probably it may turn out better? I would also liked the hands to be in the frame as well....
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  6. #6

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    but imo, the left eye is too near the edge that somehow makes me feels that this image is incomplete (that was my first impression when the image first loaded). Try giving the eyes more space, probably it may turn out better? I would also liked the hands to be in the frame as well....
    I see.. yea i agree it is a little too close :P Thanks~
    -YANLING :)-
    Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    I don't find it too close, however, I'd have preferred if there is a little more interaction between the subject and the photographer. I feel it would be more captivating if the baby is not looking at someone else, but instead at the photographer, with that innocent pair of eyes. Do take note of the top left corner, the black bit of a patch, not very nice.
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  8. #8

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Yea now that you mentioned it :P Ok thanks! Will take note
    -YANLING :)-
    Flickr

  9. #9

    Default Re: [Pigling] Innocence

    Agreed. Good with the hand.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •