Thread: Obsolete photography equipment?

Default Obsolete photography equipment?

I believe most of us would have some obsolete photography equipment, with very low resale values and also dont want to throw away. Wondering what to do with these?
    eg.
    1. Point-N-Shoot film camera
    2. Low capacity memory card (8M CF, 4M MS etc)
    3. Old camera strap
    etc

How about B&W enlarger ?? And those mechanical timer ?

In fact I got 1 P&S digicam with 8MB built in memory ... collect dust!!

Old camera strap .. after 20 years then take out and use ... ... let pple
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Phildate
    Guests

Hey, know what you mean. I have a pretty cool Olympus camera (mu something or other) that just collects dust now. And the sad thing is, I bought this with my first ever win on 4D!! Need another win so I can buy some more upto-date camera gear

well... i guess unused cameras could be used for experiments... maybe seal it up in a transparent bag and use underwater? mount it on your car? (may need modication to trigger camera) modify the mouldy lens? so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I believe most of us would have some obsolete photography equipment, with very low resale values and also dont want to throw away. Wondering what to do with these?
    eg.
    1. Point-N-Shoot film camera
    2. Low capacity memory card (8M CF, 4M MS etc)
    3. Old camera strap
    etc
    Give them away for FREE to students....

Deregistered

My oldest.... a 32 MB CF card!!

I still have a 110 film camera from about 20 years ago. I have not used it for a very long time, but it probably still works.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave
    I still have a 110 film camera from about 20 years ago. I have not used it for a very long time, but it probably still works.
    Wah cool! Can u still find the 110 film now?

my oldest : a hot red konica pop!

mayb one of these days try to laod in some flim and start shooting

i guess so?
    Objection !!!

can buy 110 film from europe.
    i still have 4 rolls. :P KT and fee fee develope/print them

Are point and shoot film cameras 'obsolete' already? How sad. I love that they do not have shutter lag and the photos are grain free (properly exposed of course), for a fraction of the price of modern whiz-bang digicams. By the way, does anyone know whether it's Singaporeans who are so obsessed with digicams? I do not mean that digicams are bad and in fact own one, but why do so many of my colleagues want to go digital when they know next to nothing about it? One of them told me she and her husband have wanted to get a digital camera for a long time because when they go out on family trips (within Singapore), they see so many people using digital cameras, and they're afraid of looking 'suaku'. Interestingly, I once observed a group of japanese tourists at Botanic Gardens, a good mix of young and old. Almost all of them were using film point and shoot cameras!
    Sorry for the digression As for what you can do with obsolete photographic equipment, what about sealing them in a time capsule for your future generation? Or pair your 8MB card with an old digicam and give it to your kids/ nieces/nephews/neighbourhood kid? You may help kindle a child's interest in photography.

most digicams now are also considered point and shoot ya...

my 2 film point and shoots....great in the drybox....hav been using them up till beginning of this year though...

personally...i tink "obsolete" stuff produce better results....for BnW i will use my f401 anyday compared to my slighltly newer SLR or my digital

so wat to do is simple...take good care of it and use it once i awhile...it still yields unexpectedly good results....hahah....

sell them on ebay in 30 yrs time as "vintage"

can still get 110 film (new, exp 2005) over here. can even get those flash cubes or the ones that are arranged 4 in a row. come to think of it, i feel like having some fun with an old Kodak Ectar 200...

all my camera stuff is obsolete by today's standards.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys