Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: shooting people

Quote Originally Posted by White Balance
    Hi Bro Zaren,

I can't run so cannot adopt the "shoot and run" style. Better stick to the zoom lens method.

Maybe one fine day I shoot then pass u my camera and u run for me hor.

* Hi guys , for those who have not met me before, I am actually a handicap person (legs problem) so got no choice lor.

Dear WB. Sorry to hear of your impediment. Well, at least I now know how to recognise you! Looking at the postive end, you might be perceived as less threatening and be able to get away with things people like me couldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    "shoot n run" usually doesn't mean we have to really run lor just act blur n look away or pretend to be shooting something else. hehe. i can't run too (due to weight n age ) ... but i do go near sometimes for the 'thrill' ...
    renegade, i've seen you run pretty fast in your cowboy outfit...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    renegade, i've seen you run pretty fast in your cowboy outfit...
    hoooi! hehe suan me ah! haha! next time go shoot remember to jio me.

Wow u very bad.

Don't 4get I know your wife too. She sure return it to me one
    wow...u so clever....haha..
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

I very good at acting blur one (always works. hee hee) so no problem on that.
    "They're gonna put me in the movie
    They're gonna make a big star out of me.
    The biggest fool that ever hit the big time.
    And all I have to do is, act naturally! ( Act Naturally, by the Beatles)

I don't have to act blur.
    I am. So no problem!

But some nasties will go for the blur ones! So I still have to train my legs!

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Ha Ha! I AM a "student". And I hope to remain a "student" for the rest of my life! No fun being a teacher! Used to be a sort of teacher. Got an overdose! So now I "share". I no longer teach. I am a fellow student with everybody else! a lot more "fun".

Tonight I am going to photograph "sunflowers". Have to "learn" how to photograph this very common flower and see if I could make something from it! Maybe tomorrow some eggs!
    PN, welcome to Clubsnap. I'm sure we will have a lot to learn from you.

just to answer the original poster :

read what minoxman wrote somewhere in the thread

most people don't care what you're doing.

sorry dudes i belong to the group that don't like to ask for permission. :P

Ha Ha! I AM a "student". And I hope to remain a "student" for the rest of my life! No fun being a teacher! Used to be a sort of teacher. Got an overdose! So now I "share". I no longer teach. I am a fellow student with everybody else! a lot more "fun".

Tonight I am going to photograph "sunflowers". Have to "learn" how to photograph this very common flower and see if I could make something from it! Maybe tomorrow some eggs!
    student, do you have any links to those famous street photographers that you talked about?

shooting people is always an 'issue' when photogs shoot ppl on the streets in singapore

but when a photog go overseas, the 'issue' is really issueless...travel shots will be with photos of people on the street candid or non candid...until the photog go back to singapore, the issue arises again...Why?
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by LimCB
    student, do you have any links to those famous street photographers that you talked about?
    I am afraid that I do not have links to them. But there are many books on these people. Go to Borders and look under the "Photography' Icons (there are several books on this issue) Perhaps you might find something there.

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    shooting people is always an 'issue' when photogs shoot ppl on the streets in singapore

but when a photog go overseas, the 'issue' is really issueless...travel shots will be with photos of people on the street candid or non candid...until the photog go back to singapore, the issue arises again...Why?
    There is a law now in France. If you take a picture of someone, whether intentionally or that person just happens to be in your frame when you are taking a candid shot of the dogs fighting witht he cats, and IF YOU SHOW THAT PICTURE, either in printed form or internet, be prepared for litigation.

I think in SIngapore, the worse is that might happen to you is the old lady in Chinatown splash her feet washing water at you!

I hope what is happening in France will remain confined to France!

There is a law now in France. If you take a picture of someone, whether intentionally or that person just happens to be in your frame when you are taking a candid shot of the dogs fighting witht he cats, and IF YOU SHOW THAT PICTURE, either in printed form or internet, be prepared for litigation.

I think in SIngapore, the worse is that might happen to you is the old lady in Chinatown splash her feet washing water at you!

ha ha...the death of street photography in france...well, a few CSers should be afraid

Maybe the worst is they will ask me to marry their daughter or they splash her feet washing water at my L lens.

* No offence, just joking to brighten up my borning working day
    yo WB u use PC or Mac

Maybe the worst is they will ask me to marry their daughter or they splash her feet washing water at my L lens.
    Yes, didn't think of that. Getting married! Whew!!

But the L lens! I think I might marry the daughter instead. Who knows? Might come in useful to help carry the tripods!

We probably have HCB to thank for that...

wow...
    i see that it seems that taking candid shots of people take not just alot of courage, but as well as some good running skills, and some good reasons to justify.. hmmm....
    i've been thinking about this all...
    think its really true.. when i was overseas in china, i had no problem in shooting people, even though we were all chinese (maybe i don't look like them lor ) but after coming back, then the problem arise... hmmm... maybe can act blur lor.. think i can pass off as a tourist here?
    maybe one of these days someone can organise an outing go shoot people

sunnie

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    1. Get a Sony Cybershot U-50 (black)

2. Tape up the shiny silver metal ring of the lens with black tape.

3. Take pictures of scenes on your right and left without anyone ever knowing that you are NOT sms-ing a friend:

I know, I know. Too sneaky.
    Wow... at least you can get a better image than any handphone cam!

Mush watch out for sneaky people 'sms-ing'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123