Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

  1. #1

    Smile Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  2. #2

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    anyone joining this?

    since its for bazaar mag, do photographers need to hire a model for the shoot at the top?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Anyone is joining?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Quote Originally Posted by smrt173 View Post
    anyone joining this?

    since its for bazaar mag, do photographers need to hire a model for the shoot at the top?
    not only model, u need a stylist, a makeup artist and maybe hair stylist as well.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Get a good model. Get her dress well and look well. The whole idea is to see how creative you can make use of ION Sky environment for that fashion shoot. The interior of ION Sky (IS) is extremely important (if not the shoot can be anywhere). Only two timeslots per day: 10am - 2pm and 2pm - 6pm (from Monday to Thursday). Need to book timeslot for your shoot at IS. Each photographer allow only three timeslots. Will be doing my 3rd shoot next week. Just hope the weather is good. Good 360 degree view from the 55 & 56 floor. Good Luck to those joining.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Note: The letter of Authorisation to shoot at ION Sky must be apply through Harper's BAZAAR magazine.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Harper's BAZAAR and ION Orchard Photography Awards 2012 is here !!!

    Anyone interested to join?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    how sad its not a fashion photography contest

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Please read the title carefully

  10. #10

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    It is fashion photography! It can be any type of photography as long as it is being shot in ION.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave10 View Post
    Get a good model. Get her dress well and look well. The whole idea is to see how creative you can make use of ION Sky environment for that fashion shoot. The interior of ION Sky (IS) is extremely important (if not the shoot can be anywhere). Only two timeslots per day: 10am - 2pm and 2pm - 6pm (from Monday to Thursday). Need to book timeslot for your shoot at IS. Each photographer allow only three timeslots. Will be doing my 3rd shoot next week. Just hope the weather is good. Good 360 degree view from the 55 & 56 floor. Good Luck to those joining.
    Not true, if you look at the winning shots for last year, the photographer shot with a variety of backgrounds at ION Sky. Strangely Harper's Bazaar chose to print those that could have been shot anywhere, albeit from a very high floor. I think don't bother so much on making use of the interior; make sure your fashion concept is top notch first then have some filler shots with interior in mind just to cover the criteria.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    actually it didn't mention fashion photography.. so it could be ION architecture photography.. fashion photography means clothes must be featured right? unless i understand fashion wrongly...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    hmm... the magazine get the rights of ALL submitted images.. poor photographers!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    actually it didn't mention fashion photography.. so it could be ION architecture photography.. fashion photography means clothes must be featured right? unless i understand fashion wrongly...
    Harper's Bazaar is not interested in commercial architecture & interior design. You can try your luck but I wouldn't waste my time.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Harper's Bazaar @ Ion Orchard Photography Awards and Photo competition

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    Harper's Bazaar is not interested in commercial architecture & interior design. You can try your luck but I wouldn't waste my time.
    true..

  16. #16

    Default

    Much luck to All who will goin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •