Thread: Fireworks Lovers

Default Fireworks Lovers

THERE WILL BE A FIREWORKS EVENT FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO SNAP PHOTOS ON FIREWROKS.

U CAN GO TO SUNTEC SUMMIT TOUR (TOWER4 OUTSIDE CARREFOUR) TO BUY TICKETS ON AUG 1, 8, 9, 15 FOR THE EVENT!

From suntec can take good view of the fireworks at the durain?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireworks

THERE WILL BE A FIREWORKS EVENT FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO SNAP PHOTOS ON FIREWROKS.

U CAN GO TO SUNTEC SUMMIT TOUR (TOWER4 OUTSIDE CARREFOUR) TO BUY TICKETS ON AUG 1, 8, 9, 15 FOR THE EVENT!
    no offend here jus curious..See fireworks still need to buy ticket? i tot is open wide show?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholaslee
    From suntec can take good view of the fireworks at the durain?
    I think the view is not bad from there. see link below for a better idea
    http://www.pbase.com/image/20191574
    http://www.pbase.com/image/20561177
    but the space up there facing the fireworks the most can place about 2 to 3 tripods only. (if I don't remember wrongly).

go marina see FOC.
    but will b very crowded

at this location:

one can use a wide angle (or even panaroma), and capture the CBD + fireworks, but of course not adding the pan pacific hotel in the frame.

by the way how much to get to the rooftop of suntec city?

Cool shot man !

Btw, any problems with strong winds up there in the roof-top or are you inside an air-con room ?

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    at this location:

one can use a wide angle (or even panaroma), and capture the CBD + fireworks, but of course not adding the pan pacific hotel in the frame.

by the way how much to get to the rooftop of suntec city?
    Normal day I think it's about $10 per person per half or one hour. Go to Suntec tower 4 information counter and enquiry about the "Summit Tour", open daily I think. National Day itself the price will be more than $10 as they include boat ride at clarke quay. Wind condition will depend on actual day.

Quote Originally Posted by raychan
    Cool shot man !

Btw, any problems with strong winds up there in the roof-top or are you inside an air-con room ?
    It's open space. Last year NDP took fireworks from there and I remember the wind quite strong. Tripod got to be stable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rtbh
    It's open space. Last year NDP took fireworks from there and I remember the wind quite strong. Tripod got to be stable enough.

Sandbag helps!

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Sandbag helps!
    can also try prone with support

Default fireworks

i went up to suntec see b4....is a big space which can consist lots of photographer!

the view? comfirm good + atmosphere! lol

spend some $ n take gd photos like me... is worth it!

i went up to suntec see b4....is a big space which can consist lots of photographer!

but space is limited for view facing the fireworks direction...

I tot the place is enclosed with glass? not open space? Was told by the counter stuff at suntec when i asked about the roof top tour. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    I tot the place is enclosed with glass? not open space? Was told by the counter stuff at suntec when i asked about the roof top tour. Please correct me if i am wrong.
    It's open space. You can take a look at these photos for better idea.
    http://www.pbase.com/image/32024661
    http://www.pbase.com/image/32025190
    Last edited by rtbh; 1st August 2004 at 11:25 AM.

i ask before about the price. Its S$20. I think its a little too steep. Rather squeeze with the crowd.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skyline_impreza
    i ask before about the price. Its S$20. I think its a little too steep. Rather squeeze with the crowd.
    If it's $20 per person (get 10 CS members to share), then it's better to book a room at one of the hotel... about $200 with breakfast for 2 as well as getting uninterrupted views + AIR-CON. Later can even do artistic shoots too .... hehe
    Breakfast at pool side, then have a swim and model shoot at hotel pool toooooo
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    If it's $20 per person (get 10 CS members to share), then it's better to book a room at one of the hotel... about $200 with breakfast for 2 as well as getting uninterrupted views + AIR-CON. Later can even do artistic shoots too .... hehe
    Breakfast at pool side, then have a swim and model shoot at hotel pool toooooo
    Imagine 10 ppl squeezing infront of the window. Not mentioning mirror reflection. I also don't think the swisstel hotel's balcony can squeeze so many people.

Phildate
    Guests

I booked a room at Swissotel for opening of Esplanade. I think you would only comfortably fit 4 tripods on the balcony. A lot will depend on wind direction/strength - I imagine for those who had booked a room last night, the smoke would've spoilt things after the first few fireworks.

Thought the show last night was pretty disappointing.