Thread: Help I am addicted to Printing Pictures!!

Default Help I am addicted to Printing Pictures!!

Haha yeah.. Just because I got the Canon S520, I keep printing pictures out!! Trying the best print results I can get.
    Siong on my ink man...paper too. Just love the print outs! But of cuz still cannot compare with the ones I sent for developing!!

Default Re: Help I am addicted to Printing Pictures!!

well, the s520 only a 4 colour printer.. The 6 colour printers come very close and exceed in certain areas (like sharpness) photo lab prints. Of course, you have to spend time tweaking the image and colour balance for the first few prints.... and yeah, once you start replenishing original inks you'll feel the pain$$$.

p.s. the list price of the epson 810 (820) was cut in the US to US$99, and online probably can get it at US$80+, yet Epson singapore still isn't cutting its prices..... I think its the same for Canon. Roygoh should do mass order!

Originally posted by siron
    Haha yeah.. Just because I got the Canon S520, I keep printing pictures out!! Trying the best print results I can get.
    Siong on my ink man...paper too. Just love the print outs! But of cuz still cannot compare with the ones I sent for developing!!

Default Re: Re: Help I am addicted to Printing Pictures!!

Originally posted by erwinx
    well, the s520 only a 4 colour printer.. The 6 colour printers come very close and exceed in certain areas (like sharpness) photo lab prints. Of course, you have to spend time tweaking the image and colour balance for the first few prints.... and yeah, once you start replenishing original inks you'll feel the pain$$$.

p.s. the list price of the epson 810 (820) was cut in the US to US$99, and online probably can get it at US$80+, yet Epson singapore still isn't cutting its prices..... I think its the same for Canon. Roygoh should do mass order!

You mean order INK?

After I got my printer, I also printing like crazy. I have printed 30+ sheets of 8X11" and the ink cartridges are down to 70% on the Photo-Magenta and Photo-Cyan, 85% on Yellow. Somehow the normal Cyan, Magenta and Black are still quite full.

Mass order from US? You don't want to get into this... because of high shipping fee, no warranty provided, and I charge a high service charge for that!
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

i am sick of printing....even i am paid to do so....everyday print and print and print....waste so much ink and paper....even not my $$ i also feel heartache
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by kamwai
    i am sick of printing....even i am paid to do so....everyday print and print and print....waste so much ink and paper....even not my $$ i also feel heartache
    But you get instant prints! Send for developing also must wait. That's why printing is so shoick! ahah of cuz lah not to mention the money! that's heartache! heh

I used to print a lot too! Probably printed more than 200 A4 size printouts over the year. It's fun but expensive. I think the ink cost comes to about $1 per page.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Right now I am using Kodak Premium Picture Paper at US$0.20 a piece. I have printed about 30 pcs, and estimate that I have used up perhaps US$5 worth of ink, assuming I will replace them with genuine Canon catridges. That works out to about US$0.40 a page, approx. S$0.72.

I think it is only worth it if you print 5R or larger. For 4R prints, commercial printing should be cheaper.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Originally posted by roygoh
    Right now I am using Kodak Premium Picture Paper at US$0.20 a piece. I have printed about 30 pcs, and estimate that I have used up perhaps US$5 worth of ink, assuming I will replace them with genuine Canon catridges. That works out to about US$0.40 a page, approx. S$0.72.

I think it is only worth it if you print 5R or larger. For 4R prints, commercial printing should be cheaper.
    That's very true. Printing on Epson Premium Glossy costs me about $1.50 per piece, including ink. The lab charges about $8. So, that's quite a bit of savings there. For 4R, only a maximum of 3 4Rs can be printed onto a single A4. So that's a cost of about $0.80 each. Even with handling fee, the lab print is only $0.55. Even printing on roll paper can't beat the lab prices for 4R.

Wow, Kodak PPP sure is cheap!

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

......Wow, Kodak PPP sure is cheap!

Regards
    CK
    Hope you are not suggesting mass order again!

Actually, since Tweek will be in Seattle next week, and we will meet up for dinner, maybe we can have him carry back a few packs of Kodak PPP.