Thread: Dirty Jobs, Peta, Lamb Castration and about jobs in general

Blog Entries

Default Dirty Jobs, Peta, Lamb Castration and about jobs in general

Video Missing

saw this really interesting video...

some points to highlight:

the classification and shunning of jobs. when applied in our context, how does it affect us?
    imitation and innovation come hand in hand. how true is that?
    making assumptions on things we never experienced about. how often have we done that?

Default Re: Dirty Jobs, Peta, Lamb Castration and about jobs in general

GP question!

well... in Singapore, everyone tends to think of skills and qualifications and education in terms of technical vs academic, (think of conventional notions and streaming for ITE, Poly, JC... where academic stuff is believed to be the harder to actually study, more highly respected because it's supposed to allow one to command a higher pay...)

I'm a humanities student but I can tell you that I would be absolutely clueless and struggling if I were to be doing a more technical course at an ITE or a Poly. I don't think it is any easier, if not, a lot more challenging.

My parents are both retired, but my mom was a nurse and my dad was a baker. I've come to respect what people do in different trades and professions.

I think as a whole, society needs to stop passing certain value judgments on education and jobs.