Thread: IS 192dpi good enough for 8*10?

itanium
    Guests

Default IS 192dpi good enough for 8*10?

My 602 produces 3mp pictures (though it have 6mp interpolation mode) as i took most of my pcitures @ that resolution. Intending to print out 1 of the picture in 8*10 size but not sure if thats sufficent? I know 300dpi is recommanded...

Without having seen the output from the 602 specifically, you should be okay printing an image from your camera up to 8x10. 3mp is generally good enough.

Default Re: IS 192dpi good enough for 8*10?

Originally posted by itanium
    My 602 produces 3mp pictures (though it have 6mp interpolation mode) as i took most of my pcitures @ that resolution. Intending to print out 1 of the picture in 8*10 size but not sure if thats sufficent? I know 300dpi is recommanded...
    It's definitely more than good enough! I've printed out a white tiger pic on my Epson Stylus Photo 750 and it's really good!
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

I used to have the fujifilm 6900Z. I shot at 3mp. Obtained very good printouts at 8" X 10". Of course, some people may feel that it is poor quality depending what they are looking for. IMO, it is very good already.

I've said it, I'll say it again. You do not need 300dpi to get a good print. So yes, 192dpi is still good for a 8x10". I've personally printed 1600x1200 images at 8x10, and that's about 150dpi only!

Regards
    CK