Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinus cure?

Default Re: Sinus cure?

Suddenly I found a lot of friends here

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Hi All,

I've recently got a sinus problem where mucus keeps flowing from within my nose down to the throat, causing cough. Have been seeing many doctors but not much improvement. Most of them prescribed antibiotics, which didn't solve the issue.

I have just come across a product online called SinusWars and tempted to try it out. Not sure if anyone here has tried this out before? Is it safe and effective?

Any comments and opinions will be appreciated.

Hey bro, I'm a fellow sinus / every-morning-stuffy-nose sufferer as well. i thought no hope liao but i discovered something which at first sounds weird ok...I rinse my nose every morning after i get up and at night after i come back from work. It's called "Neil Med Sinus rinse (or flush..cannot remember)" and it is easily available in any guardian shop. You can buy the starter pack that comes with a squeeze bottle + 60 sachets of salt+sodium bicarbonate mix and you can the later buy the re-fill sachets.

what i do is pour it into a squeeze bottle, fill up bottle with warm / sl. hot water up to the indicated level, shake and rinse both nostrils slowly. After that guarantee what ever is in my sinus or up in my nose will all come out.. After rinsing, it will stay clear for like until the next rinse.... Been using it since 2-3 years since and now i CANNOT not rinse my nose as it just clears away all the muck in my nose.

If i'm going into a very humid place / dusty place for long periods, i'll eat an anti-histamine called Zyrtec (which is ceterizine hydrochloride) which is a non-sleepy anti-histamine. I'll also bring along my nose spray - Flixonase just in case. urm...you can't get Flixonase over-the-counter in SG cos it contains minute amounts of steroids but you can get it in JB easily. Don't have to worry about the steroids being absorb by body...too minute amounts. Don't have to use the flixonase constantly cos you just need it for a few days / 1 week and the clearing effect can last for a while. All these 3 remedies help me control my sinus leh.

Of the 3 i highly recommend the Neil Med Sinud Flush. I've used it and i swear by it leh.

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/index.php
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

I'm also suffering from this problem. When its bad, i could go through packs of tissues in a day. The nose will drip mucus literally non stop for the whole day.

It feels like you got the flu but its not. I believe my was triggered by dirty office carpets and stress. What i found out was if i sleep early (getting enough sleep) and not keep late nights (also keeping your room clean does help), it will reduce its occurrence. Also not getting stress up helps also.
    Last edited by hmjt; 18th February 2011 at 04:37 PM.

Yeah, stress and insufficient sleep excerbates it.

my bro went for surgery to do something to his septum. drawback is... he's been on nasal washes and meds for the past i think 2 years?

Go more shooting photo...you will be alright...

I experience the similar problem too, throat becomes so itchy that I most of the time clearing the throat. And Nose feels like lots of mucus.

From the observation, its more like the environment. I used to study in Malaysia and got the symptom sometimes, and get rid it of it for awhile, and comes back again. When I moved to Singapore, its gone for awhile, especially when you exercise almost every day.

Worst is, when I am back to Indonesia, with more dusty environment, oily foods, spicy foods, and all sorts of things that are way dirtier than it used to be in Singapore, got it worst. Currently using nasal spray to help. The dosage has reduced to alternate night, two sprays on each hole.

Quote Originally Posted by hmjt View Post
    I'm also suffering from this problem. When its bad, i could go through packs of tissues in a day. The nose will drip mucus literally non stop for the whole day.

It feels like you got the flu but its not. I believe my was triggered by dirty office carpets and stress. What i found out was if i sleep early (getting enough sleep) and not keep late nights (also keeping your room clean does help), it will reduce its occurrence. Also not getting stress up helps also.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Yeah, stress and insufficient sleep excerbates it.
    OH..

so that's why there are days after lack of sleep that my nose keeps running and i keep sneezing and i feel so tired

I suffered from sinus when I was 30 plus. I took up jogging and it went off and never returned. Exercise does help

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Sinus is medically known as allergic rhinitis, its an immunity-linked problem so antibiotic would not help. Not sure about the product but i think the best way to solve it its to take antihistamines or use steroidal nasal sprays.
    was having allergic rhinitis last month. went to doctor and was asked to take CoQ10 to boost immune system. after a few weeks, no more problem

I was diagnosed with sinus many years back and went for operation in my teens. Am fully/almost full cured now, but heard if the condition comes back within 5 years, its no cure. Fortunately, that didn't happen to me.

However, in recent years, i suffered bouts of attack. Short (1-2days) but regular (every few months). Got a nasal spray and took clarinese. Both helped a lot in curbing the attack when they happen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12