Thread: Looking for a photography master.

Default Looking for a photography master.

My friend is keen on learning everything about photography. Who do you recommend and why?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Default Re: Looking for a photography master.

I recommend he does what all great photographers do - learn on your own, from your own experience. Otherwise he will never be a great photographer, just a shadow of a good one.

Best place to start is to read his manual, understand his gear, then go shoot, be VERY critical of his own shots and delete 95/100 of his photos until he realizes what is strangth and style is.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    My friend is keen on learning everything about photography. Who do you recommend and why?
    Nai Meh.

Because he never charges anything for the lessons.

I say learn from the Grandmaster:

Is ur friend looking for accreditations? There are formal courses offered by NAFA and polytechnics.

Chuck Norris, he'll just frame his fingers ard a scene and can instantly print out a tack sharp perfectly exposed image or produce a raw/jpeg file in his brain~ haha jokes aside, I guess the best teacher is experience tell your friend to start out street shooting as it's the best way to train- spontaneous moments force quick and decisive thinking, unpredictable lighting at times, interesting subjects around, can be done nearly anywhere and anytime
    and lastly- there's always something different happening everyday so your perspective and creativeness won't be limited
    canon fan boy ;D

depends on what level is your friend in now.
    if it is totally zero,
    can start with the free (or the low price) DSLR appreciation course sponsor by camera manufactures.

can also consider sign up many courses conduct by photography clubs.

if want to go more advance or specialize courses, he/she need to have some basic knowledge on photography in order to learn better.

there are also online course avaiable, like Online Photography Courses and many others.

can also look for particularly photographer to be his/her mentor.

other than these, he/she can learn by self-taught, with borrowing books from library, joining outing, participate discussion in forums as such.

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

If you have the heart, and the passion, and the sustained interest, you are your best teacher, your worst critic, and the key to a wondrous journey into the world of photography.

Catchlights has summarized quite succinctly what I would say.

I recommend "Master Google"

.... cuz seriously no 1 person can claim to be a master of everything in photography.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Take a shoot, post in the critic corner and open ur mind to it. It is free and helpful
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8