Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: Lingerie ad woes

Default Re: Lingerie ad woes

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Bingo... Fair and just competition is always what we want, but more often it doesn't happen the way we want... and no matter how one wants to prevent that from happening, it is still happening... sad to say, that's the reality... Which is why I say... competition will often lead to exploitations... there can be THAT many rich people in the world... and THAT many FIRSTs in everything... but the rest will "DIE" trying to get there... by hook or by "crook"...

Btw... I'm refering to competition from the perspective of the entire human race, not by certain individuals... Let me make this one clear... NOT everyone will play by the rules...
    So, back to the topic of exploitation of women, you are now saying that because the lingerie company is competing, so it is resorting to exploitation?
    Now I ask you, just because exploitation exists, will you just accept it or ignore it? Or you put your foot down and say "no, I cannot accept exploitation"?
    But here again, you are out of point talking about "..THAT many rich . . ".

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    So, back to the topic of exploitation of women, you are now saying that because the lingerie company is competing, so it is resorting to exploitation?
    Now I ask you, just because exploitation exists, will you just accept it or ignore it? Or you put your foot down and say "no, I cannot accept exploitation"?
    Oh, must you so insist that I'm OT-ying?! Can't one just add that extra eg out of context for the bigger picture?

Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Ok. Here is a quick summary for those who are interested to know what's going on:

Giant poster. Half-covered figure. Attention seeker. Eyes on it. Debates arise. There come advocades. Opposition chimes in. OT. OT. OT. A new perspective through the glass. Issues arise. Giant poster is female exploitation. Related to sex abuse in some countries. Defend. Attack. Resolution to explanation of exploitation. Irrelevant. Nobody changes the world. Life goes on. There come more giant posters.

As for the lingerie company using exploitation to compete... what you do think? No? How sure can you be about this?

As for accepting exploitation... of course the "right" answer is to say "no, I will not accept that"... But how you clearly answer that without resorting to double standards at some point of your life?... For me, the most probable answer is to ignore it... not the best answer, but something that is easier to do - I'm basically a flawed person (not in the sickest way, mind you)...

Edit: Or maybe I should just say "no, I cannot accept exploitation", whether I'll have double standards in the future will remain to be seen... Either way, it's not perfect...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 18th February 2011 at 10:47 AM.

That said, Glasseye, assuming that your answer is "no, I will not accept exploitation"... so are you going to petition against it? Voice your thoughts out loud? Gather people sharing the same views and work out a plan? I.e. going ALL against it?

If not... it is as good as "ignoring it"... words are basically not as strong as action... right?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 18th February 2011 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    Ok. Here is a quick summary for those who are interested to know what's going on:

Giant poster. Half-covered figure. Attention seeker. Eyes on it. Debates arise. There come advocades. Opposition chimes in. OT. OT. OT. A new perspective through the glass. Issues arise. Giant poster is female exploitation. Related to sex abuse in some countries. Defend. Attack. Resolution to explanation of exploitation. Irrelevant. Nobody changes the world. Life goes on. There come more giant posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    As for the lingerie company using exploitation to compete... what you do think? No? How sure can you be about this?

As for accepting exploitation... of course the "right" answer is to say "no, I will not accept that"... But how you clearly answer that without resorting to double standards at some point of your life?... For me, the most probable answer is to ignore it... not the best answer, but something that is easier to do - I'm basically a flawed person (not in the sickest way, mind you)...

Edit: Or maybe I should just say "no, I cannot accept exploitation", whether I'll have double standards in the future will remain to be seen... Either way, it's not perfect...
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Irrelevant. Nobody changes the world. Life goes on. There come more giant posters.
    Two months ago.. a fruit seller named Muhammad Bouazizi set fire on himself... and change the (Arab) world..

To me, a specific "problem" is always part of a bigger picture... which is why you think I'm OTing... Tackling a specific difficult "problem" often leads you to dig deeper into the roots of how that "problem" comes about. Which is often why certain "problems" are not that easy to solve...

If you want to solve the "problem" at the superficial level... good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Two months ago.. a fruit seller named Muhammad Bouazizi set fire on himself... and change the (Arab) world..
    Some people will cast a doubt: "For the moment, it changes..." Much remains to be seen...

I summise that you come from Indonesia where there is also "law" but does law necessarily lead to "just", especially now that you are in Singapore and experiencing our 'law' environment? Well, we shall not talk politics nor get out of point here and I am not saying anything about the law in other countries.

Trust me, I know the meaning of 'exploit' very very well, thank you. And, no, it does not only mean "to use something in an unjust or cruel manner". I am not going to add further to this because I am not your English teacher.
    no, i have no intention since the beginning to talk about politics here.. i am not interested in talking politics.. i was not talking about poor cambodia girl or indonesian law since the beginning.. thanks, but i am not interested in those topics..
    (and trust me, i feel no difference here, i follow the law everywhere i go, hence i do not feel pressurized or what)

i know it does not only mean that.. and i am not saying that only you should know the meaning of exploitation, but also for people who said it exploits the women..
    i have seen many arguments here that say it sexually exploits women, but HOW? anyone enlighten me please..
    Last edited by bayusuputra; 18th February 2011 at 11:45 AM.
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Blog Entries

i did not read the entire thread

but the poster in question is targeted at women, yes?
    if women are disgusted by it, they would not want to buy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

- troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bayusuputra View Post
    no, i have no intention since the beginning to talk about politics here.. i am not interested in talking politics.. i was not talking about poor cambodia girl or indonesian law since the beginning.. thanks, but i am not interested in those topics..
    (and trust me, i feel no difference here, i follow the law everywhere i go, hence i do not feel pressurized or what)

i know it does not only mean that.. and i am not saying that only you should know the meaning of exploitation, but also for people who said it exploits the women..
    i have seen many arguments here that say it sexually exploits women, but HOW? anyone enlighten me please..
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

"There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Silly. Why are such bo-liao threads not shut down? Where are the mods?

What's the intention of this kind of silly posts anyway? TS posting controversial reports from newspapers and then just sit back and enjoy a fight going on, the usual play with words in CS which eventually leads to getting each other misunderstood?

There are 1001 arguments to an issue. One can just pluck out reports such as "HDB flats will be affordable" says Mah Bow Tan, "MRT and Bus fares to increase by 10 cents", "Singapore ministers' pay is justified" says XXX.

To me, such posts should not be allowed even in kopitiam. It's as malicious as religious or political discussions. Want to discuss, do it in private with your family, colleagues or friends.

Only in a country like Singapore will there be ridiculous nothing-better-to-write reports in the newspapers debating whether lingerie ads are justified, or if it is alright to have people kissing in public.

Can't get any dumber. What's the issue? Don't like, don't see lah. Cover your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Silly. Why are such bo-liao threads not shut down? Where are the mods?

What's the intention of this kind of silly posts anyway? TS posting controversial reports from newspapers and then just sit back and enjoy a fight going on, the usual play with words in CS which eventually leads to getting each other misunderstood?

There are 1001 arguments to an issue. One can just pluck out reports such as "HDB flats will be affordable" says Mah Bow Tan, "MRT and Bus fares to increase by 10 cents", "Singapore ministers' pay is justified" says XXX.

To me, such posts should not be allowed even in kopitiam. It's as malicious as religious or political discussions. Want to discuss, do it in private with your family, colleagues or friends.

Only in a country like Singapore will there be ridiculous nothing-better-to-write reports in the newspapers debating whether lingerie ads are justified, or if it is alright to have people kissing in public.

Can't get any dumber. What's the issue? Don't like, don't see lah. Cover your eyes.

lalala.

OMG. not again.

ROFL

my summary is even shorter;

woman complains about sexy lingerie poster. man replies cheekily. koplady shares it with CS.
    lots of arguments and OT. koplady has a good laugh.

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

I assume we are talking about this one?

Shot this at the bus stop. I think ads like this make good pictures

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    my summary is even shorter;

woman complains about sexy lingerie poster. man replies cheekily. koplady shares it with CS.
    lots of arguments and OT. koplady has a good laugh.

marvellous. To add on: Lingeries sales increase. Lingerie photoshoot business boosts

Thanks very much. That's an awesome summary.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast