Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What Cam to Get?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Rivervale Dr , Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default What Cam to Get?

    hi everyone,

    i am new to this forum and photography, but i would like to get a digital cam but donno wat to buy.... can anyone help me on this?

    personally i quite like the canon A75 .. .. as i feel that the function it is quite sufficient... ...

    Thanks... ...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    new to photography? then a canon a75 will be good for now.

    Don't spend too much but shoot more and explore.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Rivervale Dr , Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default

    maybe not new to photography but going to step into it...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    new to photography? then a canon a75 will be good for now.

    Don't spend too much but shoot more and explore.
    yup that's right
    best way to learn!

    i started shooting with a canon g1!
    then "upgraded" to a minolta x700 manual cam which is even older than me to learn about the fundamentals of shooting.
    right now i am stuck on flim! haha.

    hmmmm from experience, start cheaply first! keep shooting! if ur enthusiasm on photography doesnt die by them and u really love shooting then upgrade from then on!

    just like love! hahaha
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    strawberry field
    Posts
    294

    Default

    in my opinion..i think you should get a camera that has enough functions to let you explore and to play about..and not too expensive just in case you get sick of photography fast..but then again even if you did get sick you can always sell it away..at a loss of course..

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dotti
    in my opinion..i think you should get a camera that has enough functions to let you explore and to play about..and not too expensive just in case you get sick of photography fast..but then again even if you did get sick you can always sell it away..at a loss of course..
    my sentiments exactly!
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overcrash
    yup that's right
    best way to learn!

    i started shooting with a canon g1!
    then "upgraded" to a minolta x700 manual cam which is even older than me to learn about the fundamentals of shooting.
    right now i am stuck on flim! haha.

    hmmmm from experience, start cheaply first! keep shooting! if ur enthusiasm on photography doesnt die by them and u really love shooting then upgrade from then on!

    just like love! hahaha
    that happened to me too. upgraded to a 27year old camera. and i love it.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Rivervale Dr , Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default

    hi,
    just wanna find out where can i get a good deal for the canon A75??? or should i wait for comex '04 ???

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Rivervale Dr , Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default

    hi,
    can anyone enlighten me where to go for my camera hunt?? SLS , peninsula plaza or lucky plaza?? or is there any place i missed out??

    thanks.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H_S
    hi,
    can anyone enlighten me where to go for my camera hunt?? SLS , peninsula plaza or lucky plaza?? or is there any place i missed out??

    thanks.
    my personal preference is peninsula plaza... but best to check the prices at a few different places first...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H_S
    hi,
    can anyone enlighten me where to go for my camera hunt?? SLS , peninsula plaza or lucky plaza?? or is there any place i missed out??

    thanks.
    Have 1 brand new set of Canon A75 c/w additional 128mb CF. I will quote you a price better than most shops in town if you are interested. SMS 90530182.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •