Thread: help with virus!

Default help with virus!

hi,
    i have a problem,seems that a virus has blocked off internet access to my computer.i am on a LAN(school network)
    is there any way to find out wat virus that is and any ideas how to remove it?
    thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi,
    i have a problem,seems that a virus has blocked off internet access to my computer.i am on a LAN(school network)
    thanks!!!
    You mean that when you dial up to your school, you cannot access internet ? Did you set your DNS servers correctly ? You are using another PC or another internet connection now ? Did you install any antivirus software ? Do a thorough scan with the lastest signature update ? Or did you installed any firewall lately that blocked your internet access ?
    Last edited by majere2sg; 26th July 2004 at 11:38 PM.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

use an anti virus software (with latest virus definition)to scan for the virus first.

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi,
    thanks!!!
    SOP:
    unplug from network. get windows critical updates downloaded with a working computer, patch and do a scan with anti-virus with latest virus definition.