Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13283336373839404348 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Thread- SEASON 4!! (we present a lucky 4 digit number to u. 1576)

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon

I found that raw converted to jpeg w/o watermark has higher mb than jpeg w/ watermarks... That additional mb got any effects?
    Is it because of the loss of detail at the area where the watermark covers?

Default Re: The Random Thread- SEASON 4!! (we present a lucky 4 digit number to u. 1576)

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    usually RAW to Jpeg has better color and details than just Out of Camera JPEGs. hence the larger filesize. the watermark has no extra memory tagged to it.

spot on
    No no, you misunderstood liao

What I meant was that I saved the raw w/o the watermark to jpeg and the size is around 10mb... then I repeat with the same raw, but w/ watermark, the size becomes only 8mb

Default Re: The Random Thread- SEASON 4!! (we present a lucky 4 digit number to u. 1576)

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    No no, you misunderstood liao

What I meant was that I saved the raw w/o the watermark to jpeg and the size is around 10mb... then I repeat with the same raw, but w/ watermark, the size becomes only 8mb
    erm. eh? usually the filesize is larger with the watermark. are you working with layers?

erm. eh? usually the filesize is larger with the watermark. are you working with layers?
    Hmmm.... I've merged all the layers...

I go sleep liao, goodnight guys!! I shall fine out why I file size is smaller tmr haha

Oppss.... I think I've solved my own mystery...

I've saved using 2 different programs... The Sony program gave me the 10mb file, while CS5 gave me the 8mb file

There seems to be a way to increase the file size in CS5 which is the increase the colour depth from 8bits/channel to 16bits/channel

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I go sleep liao, goodnight guys!! I shall fine out why I file size is smaller tmr haha
    Lol, the answer is out liao

LOL i use elements... allows only 8bit color depth. but i'm using sRGB not Adobe RGB..

LOL i use elements... allows only 8bit color depth. but i'm using sRGB not Adobe RGB..
    sRGB or Adobe RGB better? Seems like sRGB is more preferred that aRGB

sRGB or Adobe RGB better? Seems like sRGB is more preferred that aRGB
    yup if i remember correctly, sRGB has wider color tonal range than aRGB.

gah some guy pissed me off in the Sony subforum.

stuck-up person.

yup if i remember correctly, sRGB has wider color tonal range than aRGB.

gah some guy pissed me off in the Sony subforum.

stuck-up person.
    Hmm... I just read some info regarding that, sRGB has less range than aRGB, but sRBG is more accurate in reproducing the colours.

That stuck-up person is that rocky78 old man???

Hmm... I just read some info regarding that, sRGB has less range than aRGB, but sRBG is more accurate in reproducing the colours.

That stuck-up person is that rocky78 old man???
    oh yea. that was it.

rocky78 yup. i wondered how he got the stones to bad-mouth Sony as a user, in a Sony sub-forum.

after ranting on him... i realized he's older than me lol

oh yea. that was it.

rocky78 yup. i wondered how he got the stones to bad-mouth Sony as a user, in a Sony sub-forum.

after ranting on him... i realized he's older than me lol
    Some people are like that... They feel that the whole damn world owe them...
    I want to see how Rashkae go after him LOL
    Last edited by iguanavon; 20th February 2011 at 03:08 AM.

Some people are like that... They feel that the whole damn world owe them...
    I want to see how Rashkae go after him LOL
    My first post pissed him off.
    indie

Anyway on the topic of watermarks, you rather not put watermark, but put solid logo. Watermark is like a bit transparent, makes it very distracting.

hehehehehehehehehehehehe... good morning

now am going for my martial arts training
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Hehehehehe good morning everyone!! Wow that's some discussion you have there Kei but I don't see yien's post leh.

And I have decided!! I will go for "her" today!! When are you getting your's iguanavon?

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam
    Anyway on the topic of watermarks, you rather not put watermark, but put solid logo. Watermark is like a bit transparent, makes it very distracting.
    Really? Hmm... Later I send you my flickr link. You take a look, see whether my watermark ok or not.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86
    Hehehehehe good morning everyone!! Wow that's some discussion you have there Kei but I don't see yien's post leh.

And I have decided!! I will go for "her" today!! When are you getting your's iguanavon?
    First thing I saw when I woke up is somebody going to 1 leg step 2 boat, lol
    Spree, I feel you should get the one that I like. Got free rain cover.

And good morning to SDW!

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon

Really? Hmm... Later I send you my flickr link. You take a look, see whether my watermark ok or not.

First thing I saw when I woke up is somebody going to 1 leg step 2 boat, lol
    Spree, I feel you should get the one that I like. Got free rain cover.

And good morning to SDW!
    Hmm but I like the African version one more leh, looks more rugged. Haha if rain then I bring my 7mdh out bah

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Hmm but I like the African version one more leh, looks more rugged. Haha if rain then I bring my 7mdh out bah
    Hmmm... You try the walkabout explorer first. If don't like, I buy from you LOL