Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Network for photographers' assistants

Default Re: network for photographers' assistants

once again, thanks to TeeCee for having us over at his studio! interesting discussion we had, especially about the copyright issues. i think it is important to inform the 'public' that photographic images are just as legitimate intellectual property as music or software. some people think that taking pictures are as easy as 1 2 3, just set up a tripod and click away on the camera.

what they don't see is the amount of time spent learning the craft, not to mention the amount of investment put behind the business. so what you pay for is what you get! although i don't have my own business right now, i can see that this 'undercutting' issue is quite a problem for professionals. like TeeCee had mentioned, it is like a virus. once a client has kena a 'good' deal, it will spread and affect everyone else.

point being, as amateurs, hobbyists, semi-pros or professional photographers...we should ALL take pride in our works and put a value to it.

so sorry zemo and i had to leave early...eagerly awaiting the next one in nov
    Last edited by Stereobox; 11th September 2005 at 01:28 PM.

[quote=CaeSiuM]Care for 1 more...

Re: network for photographers' assistants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Stereobox
    2) Seng44
    3) User12343
    4) Jazzfusion
    5) IcCcYBoi
    6) ady
    7) Yezrah
    8) di0nysus
    9) Brett
    10) unseen
    11)distagon
    12)airforce1
    13)WoLoh
    14)heroneo
    15) Kenji
    16)ling13
    17) damian77
    18) CaeSiuM
    19) kenele

me too!

I am so glad that i have attend this session at TeeCee studio,i have learn a lot of things from him.I have make friends as well,i cant wait for the Nov to meet up with you guys again.

Thanks a lot to TeeCee for opening his Pro Studio and sharing so much pointers to us. Nice meeting to all who are present! I was the frog who was above the well yet there were even much more above.. Sorry can't join u all for dinner cum supper & chat & laugh further till my cheeks cramp further as need to rush home to hve enough rest for this morning's remedial training at Maju Camp at 8am. So did u all break the previous record? Looking forward to the next gathering..

it was my first 'outing' with so many CS-ers and it was great to meet so many people with the same interest. hope we can also have our own 'mini-outing' too

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    it was my first 'outing' with so many CS-ers and it was great to meet so many people with the same interest. hope we can also have our own 'mini-outing' too
    Mini-outing? Photo shoot lor. Power boat coming you know.

Wow it will be fun if we can have a outing together

Quote Originally Posted by damian77
    Mini-outing? Photo shoot lor. Power boat coming you know.
    hmmz..i suppose there will be dozens of 'outings' organised for that event..if interested, we can just join in.

im thinking maybe if we can set ourselves a 'special' project..hmmz..

I think that will be a good ideal.i am sure there will be a lot of ppl will join us once we have a outing

Hmmmmm........if PPAS's objective is to form together to protect photographer's rights, can we form a APAS (Assistant Photographer's Association Singapore) instead? We also got to make sure photographers don't undercut our pay also. Ha ha.........doesn't make sense but the world is full of nonsense anyway.

What am I queing for again?
    [QUOTE=kenele]
    Quote Originally Posted by CaeSiuM
    Care for 1 more...

Re: network for photographers' assistants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Stereobox
    2) Seng44
    3) User12343
    4) Jazzfusion
    5) IcCcYBoi
    6) ady
    7) Yezrah
    8) di0nysus
    9) Brett
    10) unseen
    11)distagon
    12)airforce1
    13)WoLoh
    14)heroneo
    15) Kenji
    16)ling13
    17) damian77
    18) CaeSiuM
    19) kenele
    20) ross
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah
    Hmmmmm........if PPAS's objective is to form together to protect photographer's rights, can we form a APAS (Assistant Photographer's Association Singapore) instead? We also got to make sure photographers don't undercut our pay also. Ha ha.........doesn't make sense but the world is full of nonsense anyway.
    ya ya, i was about to suggest the formation of NPA (network for photographer's assistants) afterall, they really have such associations overseas. and companies like Mamiya and Leaf support the growth n development of professional photographers' assistants (Today's assistants, tomorrow's professionals? )

all i know is, we really got to work really really hard to achieve where the professionals are right now. and a network is really something that can be beneficial to everybody

anyway, PPAS has been around for many years already. i heard it used to be more vibrant and active...so let's hope they become active again!

btw, yezrah, were you the one sitting next to me the other day? hehehe

Sitting opposite you. Glad to see your face when you identify yourself. You are better looking than I thought. Ha ha.........a pity I don't have a chance to talk to you and zemotion beside you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah
    Sitting opposite you. Glad to see your face when you identify yourself. You are better looking than I thought. Ha ha.........a pity I don't have a chance to talk to you and zemotion beside you.
    perhaps you mean...pity you didn't have the chance to talk to ZEMOTION instead?

Greeting to those who had gathered at my studio last Saturday.
    You ppl where a cool bunch. Indeed u we earger to learn and share.
    I had a tremendous time sharing with you all. I'm glad to make new friends too.
    Too bad Stereobox had to leave early (It's Saturday and we may understand why.... )
    Hope u guy can make use of some of the tips you had pick-up on Sat.
    I will be getting busy next few weeks, once over I hope to host a simillar session again.
    Hope this time "some ppl" don't have to leave too early and miss out on the discussion.
    So friends, if u have queries on photography or its practice u can pm me or u know where to find me.

Oh well.........hope we can have another PA outing where we really get to know who is who in assisting the commercial photographers in Singapore. At least, I think we can find some common topics to share and have a better idea of what we are doing. Tee Cee has been very kind to share. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    hmmz..i suppose there will be dozens of 'outings' organised for that event..if interested, we can just join in.

im thinking maybe if we can set ourselves a 'special' project..hmmz..
    "Special" project, sounds interesting. Care to share more details?

Wow stereoBox,Maybe we should start the formation of NPA (network for photographer's assistants),I will be the first one to join,It will be good to have a website for all the assistant Photographer,Good for ppl who want to know how we work,and the ppl who want to work as a assistant.At least they will know where to start or who do go to if have have any Question.

I am interested to join also if it is formed. Perhaps, our outing can be used to discuss if it is possible to form one.

Default very good news

hi everyone!

i have received a very kind PM from a fellow CS-er, CTKG, who has offered a very special arrangement for our group.

what exactly it is, i shall keep it a secret (to protect his business interest) until something more concrete is established.

just too excited to share this piece of news with you guys

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast