26th July 2004, 06:49 PM
27th July 2004, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=pet_lover]Hi! I am from Pioneer Junior College. I am doing a project regarding the increasing trend of pets being abandoned by their owners. I know this is not a place to put up such topic, but this is one of the forums i could find that have alot of users visiting it. I will be very grateful if you could kindly answer these following questions. Thank you :-)
1) There has been an increase in the number of pets abandoned by their owners. What are your opinions on this issue?
There are a lot of irresponsible people in this world. A pet is cute to have and own, but when the novelty wears off and reality sinks in, i.e. they have to pay to feed their pets, spend time with them, clean up after them and share space with them, they take the easy way out and abandon them.
2) In your view, what are the reasons for people abandoning their pets?
3) What kind of punishment should be meted out to those who abandon their pets?
1. A large, still fine or even community service
2. Plaster their sorry faces on the newspapers
3. Ban such people from ever owning a pet again
4) What are the responsibilities that come along with owning a pet?
1. Spend time with your pet
2. Feed it properly, and I don't mean scraps from your table!
3. Be responsible to clean up and maintain the pet, send for vet checkups etc
4. Most importantly: LOVE your pet!
27th July 2004, 12:34 AM
Below are some of my personal views only:
Very irresponsible ppl who simply abandoned pets when they lose interest in them or when they have found "new love" or new interest. But I think its human nature or rather weakness to " xi xin yan jiu".
Time is a common excuse for such cases.
Canning will be a good punishment if not fining is a good option too. (maybe some ppl might think its too harsh a punishment)
Love is the most important thing. (Treat it as part of your family)
I feel that bringing awareness to ppl abt treating pets or animals correctly is an important issue, just that so far not much have been done.
Last edited by Bluecoral; 27th July 2004 at 12:36 AM.
27th July 2004, 01:03 AM