Thread: Cyprus

Default Cyprus

Hello! Has anyone here gone to this island? I'm going there this may for my honeymoon and would love to have ppl here to share any experiences and locations where I can get great views of the beaches or any beautiful sites there like the ruins. If there are pictures, please share with me as well, google doesn't seem to have that many beautiful images of this island. Thanks!!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Default Re: Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by jsdesign View Post
    Thanks for the link! Would appreciate if there are people here to share experiences as well.

Please note that there are 2 halves of Cyprus. The northern part is 'administered' by Turkey while the southern part,Greece. They don't have the best of relationship to put it mildly.

Best to read up on Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree forum for the latest feedback on border crossing. There are heaps of info there . Although I've never been there but accord. to some friends the Turkish half is more authentic and interesting while the Greek half is more touristy and has more facilities for partying ,etc if it;s your sort of thing.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by goon
    Please note that there are 2 halves of Cyprus. The northern part is 'administered' by Turkey while the southern part,Greece. They don't have the best of relationship to put it mildly.

Best to read up on Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree forum for the latest feedback on border crossing. There are heaps of info there . Although I've never been there but accord. to some friends the Turkish half is more authentic and interesting while the Greek half is more touristy and has more facilities for partying ,etc if it;s your sort of thing.
    Cheers
    Yeah, am aware of that. Gotta pass thru immigration only at certain checkpoints, I read. most of the google search comes out as south Cyprus but I wanna visit the north as well so wanna get tips as to how to space out the days. There r lesser options to book online for accommodation in n.Cyprus as well, a lil dampening though cheaper than south.

Since the north is quieter and has much fewer tourists,I guess it's safe to just go and look for accommodation when u r there. Heard there are many home stays which could turn out to be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post

Cheers
    Erm.... sorry, kind of wrong there: The Southern part is not administered by anyone, it is an independent republic (it reads "Republic of Cyprus") since 1960..

Smile Re: Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Hello! Has anyone here gone to this island? I'm going there this may for my honeymoon and would love to have ppl here to share any experiences and locations where I can get great views of the beaches or any beautiful sites there like the ruins. If there are pictures, please share with me as well, google doesn't seem to have that many beautiful images of this island. Thanks!!
    Hope its not too late, all the latest info on Cyprus you need to plan your trip
    Pls write JBR after your trip as I hope to visit Malta and Cyprus one of these days

Cheers
    Paul