Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

  1. #61
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    3 AF-S copies of 80-200mm? Wow, that's a pretty rare occurance... Haven't been to Adelphi/Peninsula these few weeks..
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  2. #62
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    You could also consider whether you intent to use the TC's (1.4x and 1.7x) with which ever version of the 80-200mm you eventually buy.

    80-200mm f/2.8 AFD one and two touch - it is not possible
    Actually, TC is possible. Kenko TC, comes in 1.4x, 1.7x and 2.0x AF without problems. 3x TC no AF.
    http://www.thkphoto.com/products/kenko/slrc-01.html


    80-200/2.8D push pull with an older version of the Kenko AF-D 2x telecon.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 17th February 2011 at 11:29 PM.

  3. #63
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    3 AF-S copies of 80-200mm? Wow, that's a pretty rare occurance... Haven't been to Adelphi/Peninsula these few weeks..
    I saw them in Peninsular too... pricing is not attractive though.

  4. #64
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I saw them in Peninsular too... pricing is not attractive though.
    Really har? How low a price have you seen them go down before? Considering that they are defunct - probably why their price seems high?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  5. #65
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Oh my bad. I think that doesn't exactly make sense though, since AF-S is supposed to be newer.
    ya, the 2 ring is still in production. I think that serves as a cheaper alternative to rival 3rd party. Does it make sense? just my thot on it.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  6. #66
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually, TC is possible. Kenko TC, comes in 1.4x, 1.7x and 2.0x AF without problems. 3x TC no AF.
    http://www.thkphoto.com/products/kenko/slrc-01.html


    80-200/2.8D push pull with an older version of the Kenko AF-D 2x telecon.
    why you got the same equipment as me ar...
    80-200mm + kenko 2x TC.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  7. #67

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Really har? How low a price have you seen them go down before? Considering that they are defunct - probably why their price seems high?
    Yeah lah.. my understanding is that:

    The early bird catches the worm = 80-200mm f/2.8 one touch ($800)
    late bird gets the kaya-butter toast = 80-200mm f/2.8 two touch ($1200~$1100)
    eggs + kopi for breakfast... = 80-200mm f/2.8 AFS ($1350~1500)

    LOL

  8. #68
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Really har? How low a price have you seen them go down before? Considering that they are defunct - probably why their price seems high?
    A more used condition of the push pull I have seen go for 600+ before. And I have seen the two touch go for 900+ before. But just have to wait in BnS.

  9. #69
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    why you got the same equipment as me ar...
    80-200mm + kenko 2x TC.
    my kenko 2x TC is not the newer 300 pro. Mine is the old version from the early 90s.

  10. #70
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    A more used condition of the push pull I have seen go for 600+ before. And I have seen the two touch go for 900+ before. But just have to wait in BnS.
    Sorry bro, maybe I wasn't clear... I was refering to the AF-S specifically...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  11. #71
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Yeah lah.. my understanding is that:

    The early bird catches the worm = 80-200mm f/2.8 one touch ($800)
    late bird gets the kaya-butter toast = 80-200mm f/2.8 two touch ($1200~$1100)
    eggs + kopi for breakfast... = 80-200mm f/2.8 AFS ($1350~1500)

    LOL
    I hope you're not implying that I should change my tagline...

    Again, refering specifically to the AF-S version...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 18th February 2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #72
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Sorry bro, maybe I wasn't clear... I was refering to the AF-S specifically...
    yea bro... AF-S 80-200 I haven't been able to see it anywhere. Just saw one in BnS in the last 2 years.

    Even harder to get will be the white color (light grey) AFS 80-200...



    http://froknowsphoto.com/froknows/forum/45-nikon-lenses/20385-good-surf-photography-lens#20759
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th February 2011 at 11:25 AM.

  13. #73
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    my kenko 2x TC is not the newer 300 pro. Mine is the old version from the early 90s.
    I am using the older kenko teleplus MC7...feels to be the same as the Kiron MC 7. same as yours?
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  14. #74
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    I am using the older kenko teleplus MC7...feels to be the same as the Kiron MC 7. same as yours?
    Yea bro, mine is also MC7. deja vu.

  15. #75
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yea bro, mine is also MC7. deja vu.
    nice..I think that is one of the better 2x TC.
    If TS wish to know, 200mm f2.8 + 2x TC on my D70 gives ok image...not great. The 70-200mm f2.8 will be better with a dedicated 2x TC. That explains the 5 ED glasses.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  16. #76
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    nice..I think that is one of the better 2x TC.
    If TS wish to know, 200mm f2.8 + 2x TC on my D70 gives ok image...not great. The 70-200mm f2.8 will be better with a dedicated 2x TC. That explains the 5 ED glasses.
    Actually the 70-200 VR and VR2 matching the Nikon TC-20E III to get excellent results. That TC from Nikon commands a street price of over $700.

    The kenko alternative will be the white color pro 300 TCs. Only the white ones support AF-S. The black ones are AF-D.

    But I heard the newer Kenko 300 pro series are better than the MC7 for AF-D lenses.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th February 2011 at 12:04 PM.

  17. #77

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    yea bro... AF-S 80-200 I haven't been able to see it anywhere. Just saw one in BnS in the last 2 years.

    Even harder to get will be the white color (light grey) AFS 80-200...



    http://froknowsphoto.com/froknows/forum/45-nikon-lenses/20385-good-surf-photography-lens#20759
    Look like Canon lens, buay sai lah

  18. #78
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Look like Canon lens, buay sai lah
    Nice mah... white color...

  19. #79
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Look like Canon lens, buay sai lah
    but it's rare...I wud love to collect if sm1 were to give me 1
    *put in showcase, don't use!*
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  20. #80
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: wait for Nikon 70-200 f2.8 or buy alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    but it's rare...I wud love to collect if sm1 were to give me 1
    *put in showcase, don't use!*
    must use often. put it on and stand beside a canon user with their white lens.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •