Thread: Bounce card with omnibouce on, advisable?

Default Bounce card with omnibouce on, advisable?

As above, can I just leave my omnibouce cover or do i have to take it off from the flash gun if i m using the bouce card simply bcos the ceiling is not low and not white for me to bouce the flash from the ceiling.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    As above, can I just leave my omnibouce cover or do i have to take it off from the flash gun if i m using the bouce card simply bcos the ceiling is not low and not white for me to bouce the flash from the ceiling.

Thanks in advance.

Not advisable since the omnibounce already cuts off quite a lot of light.... just use the card.... anyway, I usually just do a direct flash bounce without anything.... ceiling not white also ok actually... like peach or pale yellow... cos the flash pulse will be so powerful as to white out any colour cast.... that's my experience so far..... I dun like the omnibounce cos it always scratches my flash body as I put it on and take it off.... bounce card is a little limited as u still get hotspots some times..... and it reduces the flash radius and reach quite significantly....