Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a Senior Member in CS?

Default Re: What is a Senior Member in CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    TS, dont read too much on titles here .... you can have mine if Mod can transfer it to you.
    We should be able to trade our senior membership as it costs me $350 ISP fees before I attain mine not to mention a few tins of ginseng tea.

To TS,

You have a point that with a larger number of people picking up cameras, there are more and more self proclaimed experts. And in a forum, there will be fanboys or cliques that band together and distort what you perceived to be the "correct view".

Ultimately, what I feel is crucial is the mentality of the person being critiqued. Without a self-reflection and a discerning attitude, neither harsh criticism nor sugar-coated praises (from senior members or otherwise) would help him improve.

Don't be too fixated with the title and what it represents. It meant that you are falling into the same trap as those who mistakenly gives more weight to critiques from senior members.
    Last edited by ahbian; 14th February 2011 at 01:10 PM.

If we can have monthly Senior Membership ceremony like this such title will gain immeasurable respectability not only within CS but in the wider community.

The senior member will wear their badge with pride and joy:

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If we can have monthly Senior Membership ceremony like this such title will gain immeasurable respectability not only within CS but in the wider community.

The senior member will wear their badge with pride and joy:

And march proudly into CP, demanding for discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    And march proudly into CP, demanding for discount.

Don't forget Nai Meh.

He should be given 3 Stars and 3 Stripes for his courage and resolve against adversity.

Though departed he always lives in the hearts of his fanboys of Random Thread.

senior members dun get paid also

i hope i am not being accused to chalk up posts.

i am just too damn free sometimes at work or when i am at home and not out shooting, so had to login here to post to kill some time else time very hard to pass. :x

i love sharing though and i like to share what i know with others (from knowledge to lobangs i got).

Don't forget Nai Meh.

He should be given 3 Stars and 3 Stripes for his courage and resolve against adversity.

There are plan in CP to name one of the shelf displaying pentax stuff after him.

I am not a senior despite my post counts and I am not complaining. It doesn't bothers me at all. Life goes on outside of forum. I do stand on the side of TS on this. Maybe honorary senior members should be set up for those who are deemed to have acquired certain level of photography standards, so that the newbies and young ones can look up to. But then again, photography is art. The panel of judges to decide on who to be honorary senior will also be challenged. Better to keep this casual and for leisure.

Now do you want to talk about Mod......
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 14th February 2011 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post

i am just too damn free sometimes at work or when i am at home and not out shooting, so had to login here to post to kill some time else time very hard to pass. :x

i love sharing though and i like to share what i know with others (from knowledge to lobangs i got).
    KPT post not counted.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post

How come you are still a non-senior member?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I am not a senior despite my post counts and I am not complaining. It doesn't bothers me at all. Life goes on outside of forum. I do stand on the side of TS on this. Maybe honorary senior members should be set up for those who are deemed to have acquired certain level of photography standards, so that the newbies and young ones can look up to. But then again, photography is art. The panel of judges to decide on who to be honorary senior will also be challenged. Better to keep this casual and for leisure.

If by voting, Sion confirm got it.

He need to stay a few more years to pledge his loyality.

I think because I got 1 red card and 2 yellow cards.....

There are plan in CP to name one of the shelf displaying pentax stuff after him.
    They already did:

Last edited by Sion; 14th February 2011 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants

Have to join at least 3 years too

TS, Apologies for going ot in your thread. You can see for yourself who are the people that are talking nonsense. Now these people are making used of this thread to attack people unprovoked.

For me, I'm still struggling with my composition and sometimes even pp and exposure. I am giving my best shot in every photo I've posted. Behind every posted photo, there are at least 20-50 shoots that are unusable. Even though I can see something not right with my photo, however I just couldn't pin it down what goes wrong.

Senior member or not, those who is able to give constructive critique for some reason just wouldn't do it. Like in my one only photo thread, I still try to post as regularly as possible as it served as a motivation to keep shooting and thinking hard what works and what don't, even though it seems like on one really bother it.

By posting anything in an open forum, i do understand that I might come under severe scrutiny or criticism. To me it is ok, I made mistakes and do need some help correcting them as I can be quite muddle head.

Well, no one quite seems to be too bothered about this. I will carrying on and do what I can do for now. Keep reading up, looking at the really good photos, shooting, thinking hard and self critiquing

Cheers.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

Don't forget Nai Meh.

Hahaha yien is the number 1 fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I think because I got 1 red card and 2 yellow cards.....
    CS is a forgiving place......a place full of unconditional love.

He need to stay a few more years to pledge his loyality.
    yah loh.

but if using my old account that is registered in 2002, i am a senior citizen member liao and next year will be 10th year anniversary :x but account ban so reset back
    Last edited by sinned79; 14th February 2011 at 02:20 PM.

They already did:
    Your image so big.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast