Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What PAPER you use if printing urself??

I tried Popular bookshop's photo paper....10 pieces for $14. It sux!! Heard tat there are even cheaper and better quality photo papers available in SLS? Im a sucker for cheap stuff...lol
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

is the link for the Joe Barnhart icc profiles down? i can't seem to be able to access it.

Originally posted by Mystix
    is the link for the Joe Barnhart icc profiles down? i can't seem to be able to access it.
    The period at the end of the line has been included in the URL in my original post. That's why it did not work. I have fixed it. Or you can use this link:

http://wandb.com/icc.htm

If this does not work, try typing the URL directly into your browser.
    Last edited by roygoh; 15th June 2002 at 01:24 AM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Er... it is Konica Photolike QP?
    Anyone have try with Konica Photolike QP and your comment, pls

Originally posted by sbs99
    I tried Popular bookshop's photo paper....10 pieces for $14. It sux!! Heard tat there are even cheaper and better quality photo papers available in SLS? Im a sucker for cheap stuff...lol

tried the canon photo paper pro. 19 bucks for 15 pieces. Stupendous quality.... but ex....

konei
    Guests

Originally posted by Darren
    Have the same printer as zapp! but having played around with Kodak and some no-name 3rd party brand papers, reverted back to Epson's papers for best results.

Currently using:-
    1. Matte Heavyweight paper (A4 & A3)
    2. Premium Glossy paper
    3. Premium Semi-Gloss paper

After mucho experimenting and paper/ink wastage, I find that the best setting for my printer is to use PhotoEnhance at Normal setting and no Effects. Turning on profiles and ICC just really messes up the prints.

Will be trying that Ilford paper that ckiang is so enthusiastic about.
    Second that. If you are using an Epson printer, there is no better paper than Epson paper. Even the professionals admit that. BTW the premium glossy paper is superb for photos and is waterproof after it dries.

konei
    Guests

Originally posted by cwloo
    how about colour laser printer , anyone hv experience with that ?
    any paper to go along with colour laser printer ?
    I have yet to see a office/desktop colour laser that can beat the Epson or Canon inkjet photoprinters. They just have too much dithering based on the 4 colour toners.

But laser printers are more tolerant to paper quality than inkjets, so you should be able to get good quality with regular laser paper (eg Azone). Just make sure it is super white.

Originally posted by cillin
    Er... it is Konica Photolike QP?
    Anyone have try with Konica Photolike QP and your comment, pls

Have been using the konica inkjet paper QP for both 4x6 and A4. Found the quality better then epson photo paper and also much cheaper. I'm using Epson Photo 790 printer.

Jus word of caution though, the pricing of the konica inkjet paper QP is different from br to br.

Originally posted by ckiang

Ruby Photo is in Penisula Hotel, next to Funan, opposite Penisula Plaza where Cathay Photo is. They have no other branches afaik.

Regards
    CK

Yep. Illford gallerie inkjet is extremely impressive. The whole range of paper is fantastic. Yep RUBY only one branch.

Originally posted by ckiang
    Try the Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl inkjet paper. It's very good, so good that it can impress people from a pro lab!

Costs $19 for 25 sheets in a nice red box, available from Ruby Photo. Much better value for money than the equivalent Epson papers.

Regards
    CK
    saw it (and some other types) selling in Penn Camera, DC but ard USD$15 for 25. Luckily I didn't buy it over there
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

I'm using the Canon S820, I have gone through a pack of Canon Paper Pro, Canon Glossy Photo Paper and Epson Economy Photo Paper, using ICC profiles from http://wandb.com/icc.htm . I can honestly say that the profiles are fantastic for matching colours. However, in terms of overall quality and of course price, nothing beats the Canon Paper Pro. The Epson Economy and the Canon Glossy Photo Paper tends to display slight grains/dots in blurred backgrounds, but of course for the price I think for normal printing the Epson Economy Photo is not bad at all, especially now they are having a promotion so a pack of 20 is only at $11.30!

However this Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl inkjet paper looks interesting, read that people in dpreview has used to good effect, will go down today to get a pack

Ruby photo run out of the Smooth Pearl Inkjet, next shipment expected in 4 weeks Anybody knows which other shop carries the ILFORD Smooth Pearl Inkjet paper? A check with ILFORD's website brought up Ruby Photo only.

Anyway I bought a pack of Smooth Gloss Paper to compare against the Canon Photo Paper Pro.

Originally posted by konei

Second that. If you are using an Epson printer, there is no better paper than Epson paper. Even the professionals admit that. BTW the premium glossy paper is superb for photos and is waterproof after it dries.
    Am using the Epson matte photo paper on my Epson 1290 and it seems waterproof too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12