Thread: Canon A40 Newbie...Please Help

Punkie
    Guests

Default Canon A40 Newbie...Please Help

Hi guys. I just bought an A40 from a fellow HWZer. Have some newbie questions to ask you pros out there. Hope you guys can help.

Ok...how do i clean the lens? Not external lenses but the one on my camera? I noticed mine being abit dirty. Issit ok that i use those soft lens cloth to qipe it off? Or should i be using solution?

And wats the warranty like for this camera? Where and how much can i get a good and cheap tripod from?

I take my pics at 1600 x 1280. How do you exactly size it down without losing quality? Or if quality loss is inevitable...how to size down a pic with minimal loss of quality then.

Also...if i intend to print a 4 x 6 photo print, must i reduce the image to 4 x 6 also? If not then how?

Kindly explain in detail abit cos i newbie hor. Appreciated

Lastly and most importantly, Whenever i try to shoot using the Manual mode, the camera shaking indicator keeps coming on. Anyone knows why?

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to read and reply. All help and tips appreciated.

Default Re: Canon A40 Newbie...Please Help

First and foremost, try doing a search on the forum when you have a question. Most often than not, it would have already been asked and answered.

Back to your questions, I haven't cleaned cleaned my lens yet but suggestion is to use to one of those microfibre cloth (those for spectacles). Make sure there isn't any speck of dust on the lens before you use the cloth or else you might scratch the lens.

Warranty is 1 year.

Heard that Carrefour sells quite cheap tripod. You should be able to get on for $20.

You can use photoshop to resize your picture. There are recommended freeware which does a batch resizing but I don't have the link with me. For me, I actually use the Fuji Finepix software (from the camera I previously own) to resize my pics.

If you don't resize the pictures taken from the camera, you will have a bit of the top and bottom (landscape view) of the picture cropped a bit by the photo processing shop.

Try to do a seach on the forum for more detailed answers.
    Last edited by copland; 12th June 2002 at 01:30 PM.

Punkie
    Guests

Default Re: Re: Canon A40 Newbie...Please Help

Originally posted by copland
    Lastly and most importantly, Whenever i try to shoot using the Manual mode, the camera shaking indicator keeps coming on. Anyone knows why?

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to read and reply. All help and tips appreciated.
    First and foremost, try doing a search on the forum when you have a question. Most often than not, it would have already been asked and answered.

Back to your questions, I haven't cleaned cleaned my lens yet but suggestion is to use to one of those microfibre cloth (those for spectacles). Make sure there isn't any speck of dust on the lens before you use the cloth or else you might scratch the lens.

Warranty is 1 year.

Heard that Carrefour sells quite cheap tripod. You should be able to get on for $20.

You can use photoshop to resize your picture. There are recommended freeware which does a batch resizing but I don't have the link with me. For me, I actually use the Fuji Finepix software (from the camera I previously own) to resize my pics.

If you don't resize the pictures taken from the camera, you will have a bit of the top and bottom (landscape view) of the picture cropped a bit by the photo processing shop.

Try to do a seach on the forum for more detailed answers. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you for your patience. I tried serching but to no avail. Perhaps you can tell me of some keywords to search for?

try keywords like "cropping ratio", "cleaning lenses", "camera bags", "tripods" etc

Punkie
    Guests

Originally posted by copland
    try keywords like "cropping ratio", "cleaning lenses", "camera bags", "tripods" etc
    Ok thanks copland. You been most helpful. Hope to learn more from you next time.