Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: "Kaypoh" shoot for wedding

  1. #1
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Cool "Kaypoh" shoot for wedding

    Do you think people getting married will allow or mind photographers (not hired by them, but ofcos not alot) to come along for shoot...?

    I mean for e.g those interested in wedding photography will tag along but no charges...maybe charge for enlarged prints only?

    It will be a good actual scenerio for learners like me and the couples may get to choose more or better prints ...maybe?

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    509

    Default

    satan, you could try approaching a wedding pro. Ask him if he would mind if you went along with him to shoot candids. Say that you will turn over all your images to him - if he sells any of them, you get a modest commission.

    I made friends with a wedding pro a couple of weddings ago and got to go on a shoot with him once. It was a great learning experience.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    I think most would. Unless you're a friend of theirs. Also, if they're getting their wedding shots done, leave it to the official, cos is their jobs, you should just stand by and watch to observe how things are done. You can chat up the professionals see if they'd bring you along for shoots. It's worth a try, really.

  4. #4

    Default

    I would mind other people photographing my wedding, unless I am informed beforehand.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    If you are the "unofficial" and pretend being one and prevents the official from getting his work done (by blocking him, etc), both him and the couple are not going to be pleased. And it's best to ask beforehand.

    Regards
    CK

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349
    Do you think people getting married will allow or mind photographers (not hired by them, but ofcos not alot) to come along for shoot...?

    I mean for e.g those interested in wedding photography will tag along but no charges...maybe charge for enlarged prints only?

    It will be a good actual scenerio for learners like me and the couples may get to choose more or better prints ...maybe?

    i mind very much and find it a most irritating and would chase you out if you are shooting without any form of permission. If i'm the bridegroom, i ask my friends to chase you away. If i'm the photograher, i bitch and chase you away. Do not be kaypoh!

    if you are ask then its ok

  7. #7

    Default

    MMm... well I'm getting married at the end of the year and for me, I pretty much dont mind other people taking photos as long as they ask first & dont get in the way of the main photographer, be rude or disrupt the wedding...I guess its up to the wedding couple. But I think the most important thing is to ask first.There are some people who do not like strangers shooting at their wedding. Just my 2 cents...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Most don't mind but always good and courteous to ask first. But definitely don't block the official photographer(s) who need to deliver the shots.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Point to note is that when there are multiple cameras around, even if the official is shouting off at the top of his voice/PA system/loud hailer/etc, chances are everybody will be looking at a different camera.

    So do your friends and do the photographer a favour, don't 'kaypoh'. Especially if you don't know the couple, just admire them from afar and/or enjoy the event...

    Yeah, I'm a bit of anti-kaypohs for wedding shooters here... cause it really gets on my nerves.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Point to note is that when there are multiple cameras around, even if the official is shouting off at the top of his voice/PA system/loud hailer/etc, chances are everybody will be looking at a different camera.

    So do your friends and do the photographer a favour, don't 'kaypoh'. Especially if you don't know the couple, just admire them from afar and/or enjoy the event...

    Yeah, I'm a bit of anti-kaypohs for wedding shooters here... cause it really gets on my nerves.
    my point exactly, makes my job harder

  11. #11
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Ha...after seeing all the replies..ofcos i won't be that kaypoh to just pop out of nowhere and start snapping (common sense to ask first)..what im trying to say is maybe other people (apart from the main photographer) can go around taking snapshots (which again of course not blocking the main photographer) i.e won't require the couple or guest to look or pose for them...thus will not have the problem arise that espn had said...

    Having said all this, actually i'm just giving a sugguestion...thanks for all the replies...
    p.s to couples getting married soon: don't worry, you won't see a suspicious camera popping away...haa..

  12. #12
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tush
    MMm... well I'm getting married at the end of the year and for me, I pretty much dont mind other people taking photos as long as they ask first & dont get in the way of the main photographer, be rude or disrupt the wedding...I guess its up to the wedding couple. But I think the most important thing is to ask first.There are some people who do not like strangers shooting at their wedding. Just my 2 cents...
    Congrats...when and where will you be holding your wedding...heeee...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •