Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Noob some night shots

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    330

    Default Noob some night shots

    please advice on some of the night shot i have taken









  2. #2
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    It's a very hazy evening; pick a better day next time.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    and use manual focus. your camera's focusing on the railings

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    What kind of advice are you seeking for? My first advice: post the images in the right section instead of dropping into the first place you find here. We have gallery sections. I'm sure the guys in this section can give you more pointers.. although.. checking their work should be an eye opener already
    EOS

  5. #5

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    1. Post in the gallery section
    2. Take a look at the photos - what are your own critiques? What can you see that's wrong? To me, I would delete these and try again.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    let's talk about pic #1, may i ask why did you choose to use Shutter Speed mode?
    also, did you shoot handheld for the pics?
    your landscape is a blur and you need to work on your composition.
    keep shooting.
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    What kind of advice are you seeking for? My first advice: post the images in the right section instead of dropping into the first place you find here. We have gallery sections. I'm sure the guys in this section can give you more pointers.. although.. checking their work should be an eye opener already
    sorry i posted on the wrong place

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    1. Post in the gallery section
    2. Take a look at the photos - what are your own critiques? What can you see that's wrong? To me, I would delete these and try again.
    sorry posted on the wrong place

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    let's talk about pic #1, may i ask why did you choose to use Shutter Speed mode?
    also, did you shoot handheld for the pics?
    your landscape is a blur and you need to work on your composition.
    keep shooting.
    noted ... thanks for the advice

  8. #8

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    But.... you've been a member since 2005, you have 286 posts... What have you been doing all this time?
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default Re: Noob some night shots

    looks like a handheld shot to me. uninteresting and ghastly lights, with the haze makes it so uninteresting. Get a tripod.

    if i were you, i wouldnt include the railing into the frame, i will either shoot through the glass of the railing or over the railing.
    Visit me on Flickr!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •