Thread: Pentax K-r Red

Default Pentax K-r Red

Hi all,

I'm very new to photography, but have been wanting to get a dslr for a long time. Since i'm going to the states for 3 months this summer, I thought now till April would be a good time to get a dslr, and I've decided to go for the Pentax family.

Originally, I wanted to get a K-x but I realised its an old model, and many places do not stock K-x anymore, so I decided to go for a K-r instead.

I'm a huge sucker for aesthetic. So the camera being pleasing to the eye design wise is quite important to me. Do you guys know where can I buy the K-r red colour in Singapore? I even acquired the price of the golden colour K-r in SLRR, but its 1135 compared to the black/white/pink 921. I assume that the golden colour specs and technicalities is the same as the black one? Just the colour difference.?

Anw, I would really like to get a red K-r. Can any bros here advise?

Really excited to join the pentax family soon!

Default Re: Pentax K-r Red

Quote Originally Posted by lemonaid View Post
    Hi all,

I'm very new to photography, but have been wanting to get a dslr for a long time. Since i'm going to the states for 3 months this summer, I thought now till April would be a good time to get a dslr, and I've decided to go for the Pentax family.

Originally, I wanted to get a K-x but I realised its an old model, and many places do not stock K-x anymore, so I decided to go for a K-r instead.

I'm a huge sucker for aesthetic. So the camera being pleasing to the eye design wise is quite important to me. Do you guys know where can I buy the K-r red colour in Singapore? I even acquired the price of the golden colour K-r in SLRR, but its 1135 compared to the black/white/pink 921. I assume that the golden colour specs and technicalities is the same as the black one? Just the colour difference.?

The official colours for the K-r in SG are Black, White and Pink. For RED you need to go online to buy it. Price may be more than the Gold/Silver colours though . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Looks comes at a price, especially when it comes with rareness.

Can order your red Kr online.

Hi all,

hihi,

Since you going to the State, might as well buy from there. With the exchange rate now. it might cheaper.

cheer

I suppose I could get it in the states. But i really wanna get it before going there.

Anyway, anyone has any experience with buying from amazon/adorama? Both of them are generally relatively safe and trustworthy right? regarding quality of products etc.

You might wanna consider Amazon JP with shipping thru Tenso.
    One thing i found out about Tenso is that they allow you to change the value to declare for the item before they ship it to you.. that means you might be able to save a bit.

see here:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/PENTAX-ブラック0...442409&sr=8-13

hi!
    just wondering, have you found a shop here in Singapore selling K-r red? i'm also thinking of getting it. it'll be my first dslr too! so i'm searching for it right now.

The official colours for the K-r in SG are Black, White and Pink. For RED you need to go online to buy it. Price may be more than the Gold/Silver colours though . . .
    Pentaxian for Life

Pentaxian for Life

Pentaxian for Life

I suppose I could get it in the states. But i really wanna get it before going there.

Anyway, anyone has any experience with buying from amazon/adorama? Both of them are generally relatively safe and trustworthy right? regarding quality of products etc.
    Amazon, Adorama and B&H are among the best online retailers