Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Football Club *54*- There'll be glory round the Fields of Anfield Road!

Default Re: Liverpool Football Club *54*- There'll be glory round the Fields of Anfield Road!

The proof that L.F.C. is a family

A big hello to all my fellow L.F.C. fans. Here is a little story to warm your hearts about the great people at our great club.

I was in my local pub in Southampton (I moved there from Liverpool 21 years ago) having a pint or two when the landlord came down to do his shift. I was all prepared for our usual banter about his dislike for Liverpool (he strangely thinks Saints are much better) when he came out with “full respect to Kenny and Liverpool football club”. I thought “here we go” thinking here comes the dig. He then went on to tell me a story of a local who is a nice lad who just found out he had a very aggressive form of cancer and he has less than 2 months to live. His mum phoned up L.F.C. and explained to the lad on the phone how he was a massive Liverpool fan and had never been to Anfield and his one wish was to see his beloved club once before he died. The lad on the other end of the line listened to her story which was just to get some autographs of his favourite players. The lad said to her “can I call you back in 20 minuets please?” 10 minuets later her phone rang and the voice on the other end said in a Scottish accent “Hello this is Kenny Dalglish here can I speak to your son please.

Kenny had taken the time straight away as soon as he heard the news to call her back. He spent the next hour talking to him laughing and joking listening and sharing stories with him. This would have been the best day of his life until King Kenny invited him to Anfield where the lad was given the full works, he was introduced to the players before the game and then with his family was sent up to the directors box where a great big spread was put on for them. At the end he was given half the shop to take away with him. This was the best day ever he said and while telling his story you could see what it meant to him by his eyes welling up and his voice breaking. That should have been it but Kenny then found out that the pub had set up a collection for the ward that is looking after him and the hospice. Kenny gave £250,000 to it out of his own pocket!!! We all know that this is a subject very close to Kenny’s heart with the sad loss of family members to cancer

So I hear you cry what’s the point of this story.

My point is the lad at the other end of the line could have just said sorry we don’t do that which I know a lot of clubs do, he could not have cared. The ethos of Liverpool is no-one is bigger than the club. Liverpool is a family and we care for one another when you join this family. Through out the club everyone is respected and loved. No club understands how important fans are more than L.F.C. as there would be no club with out the fans. The actions by everyone at the club in this instance show what Liverpool think of our great supporters. Now Laurel and Hardy have gone and the old guard are back we are getting back to what made this club so respected and admired throughout the world.

This my friends is why Liverpool will be back on top sooner rather than later.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=29910

Default Re: Liverpool Football Club *54*- There'll be glory round the Fields of Anfield Road!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

A big hello to all my fellow L.F.C. fans. Here is a little story to warm your hearts about the great people at our great club.

I was in my local pub in Southampton (I moved there from Liverpool 21 years ago) having a pint or two when the landlord came down to do his shift. I was all prepared for our usual banter about his dislike for Liverpool (he strangely thinks Saints are much better) when he came out with “full respect to Kenny and Liverpool football club”. I thought “here we go” thinking here comes the dig. He then went on to tell me a story of a local who is a nice lad who just found out he had a very aggressive form of cancer and he has less than 2 months to live. His mum phoned up L.F.C. and explained to the lad on the phone how he was a massive Liverpool fan and had never been to Anfield and his one wish was to see his beloved club once before he died. The lad on the other end of the line listened to her story which was just to get some autographs of his favourite players. The lad said to her “can I call you back in 20 minuets please?” 10 minuets later her phone rang and the voice on the other end said in a Scottish accent “Hello this is Kenny Dalglish here can I speak to your son please.

Kenny had taken the time straight away as soon as he heard the news to call her back. He spent the next hour talking to him laughing and joking listening and sharing stories with him. This would have been the best day of his life until King Kenny invited him to Anfield where the lad was given the full works, he was introduced to the players before the game and then with his family was sent up to the directors box where a great big spread was put on for them. At the end he was given half the shop to take away with him. This was the best day ever he said and while telling his story you could see what it meant to him by his eyes welling up and his voice breaking. That should have been it but Kenny then found out that the pub had set up a collection for the ward that is looking after him and the hospice. Kenny gave £250,000 to it out of his own pocket!!! We all know that this is a subject very close to Kenny’s heart with the sad loss of family members to cancer

My point is the lad at the other end of the line could have just said sorry we don’t do that which I know a lot of clubs do, he could not have cared. The ethos of Liverpool is no-one is bigger than the club. Liverpool is a family and we care for one another when you join this family. Through out the club everyone is respected and loved. No club understands how important fans are more than L.F.C. as there would be no club with out the fans. The actions by everyone at the club in this instance show what Liverpool think of our great supporters. Now Laurel and Hardy have gone and the old guard are back we are getting back to what made this club so respected and admired throughout the world.

KD <- respect!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Great job King Kenny! i <3 LFC!

His gesture shows the spirit of everyone within the club, and I am proud to be a Reds!!

YNWA

one word: respect!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Liverbird in my heart

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Great job King Kenny! i <3 LFC!
    yayyy!!!

Biggest respect.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 43pts <-Kelong King! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!! WOOT WOOT!!
    2). sunnyday --> 33pts
    3). grumpy --> 26pts
    4). zhapchit --> 22pts
    5). coolsigg ---- > 19pts
    6). blazer_workz --> 19pts
    7). Canew --> 16pts
    8). kelccm --------> 12pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). shunzi ---> 10pts
    11). zaren -------> 9pts
    12). RoadRunner --> 9pts
    13). bro rodz ---- > 8pts
    14). archlover --> 7pts
    15). adilexas ---> 7pts
    16). marios -----> 5pts
    17). eejal ----> 4pts
    18). taurean ----- > 3pts
    19). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    20). koplady11 ---> 3pts
    21). obfuscate ---> 1pt
    22). cg171s ---- > 1pt
    23). ahyooo ---> 1pt (NEW ENTRY!!)

League of HAT-TRICK HEROES <--- KELONG!!!

1). FC Utrecht 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> cheesecake
    30/9/2010 Stadion Galgenwaard

2). Napoli 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> cheesecake & sunnyday
    21/10/2010 San Paolo, Italy

3). LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 2(Torres 11, 44) Chel$ki 0 ---> kelccm
    07/11/2010 Anfield, LIVERPOOL

4). Sparta Prague 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> grumpy the tummy!
    17/2/2011 Generali Arena, Czech Republic.

24/2/2011 THURSDAY!! 1800hrs GMT

EUROPA CUPPA!!!

LIVERPOOL vs. Sparta Prague!

Anfield, LIVERPOOL!!!

1). 2-0 LFC wins!!! (Gerrard, Gerrard) CC
    2). 1-0 liverpool win (kuyt) sunnyday
    3). 3-0 REDS wins (kuyt, kuyt, sterling) ahyooo
    4). 1-0 LFC wins (kuyt) fotoudavid
    5). 2-0 LFC wins (meireles, kuyt) archlover
    6). 5-0 LFC Wins!! (Kuyt, sterling) zhapchit
    7) 1-0 LFC wins! (meireles) zaren
    8). 3-1 Liverpool wins. (L. Suarez, D. Kuyt) Canew

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

2). sunnyday --> 33pts
    3). grumpy --> 26pts
    4). zhapchit --> 22pts
    7). Canew --> 16pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). shunzi ---> 10pts
    11). zaren -------> 9pts
    12). RoadRunner --> 9pts
    14). archlover --> 7pts
    15). adilexas ---> 7pts
    16). marios -----> 5pts
    17). eejal ----> 4pts
    19). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    20). koplady11 ---> 3pts
    21). obfuscate ---> 1pt
    22). cg171s ---- > 1pt

EUROPA CUPPA!!!

Anfield, LIVERPOOL!!!

Bro Suarez is cup tied...........

LEAGUE TABLE

2). sunnyday --> 33pts
    3). grumpy --> 26pts
    4). zhapchit --> 22pts
    7). Canew --> 16pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). shunzi ---> 10pts
    11). zaren -------> 9pts
    12). RoadRunner --> 9pts
    14). archlover --> 7pts
    15). adilexas ---> 7pts
    16). marios -----> 5pts
    17). eejal ----> 4pts
    19). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    20). koplady11 ---> 3pts
    21). obfuscate ---> 1pt
    22). cg171s ---- > 1pt

EUROPA CUPPA!!!

Anfield, LIVERPOOL!!!

9) 1-0 to LFC (Meireles) koplady11

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post

LEAGUE TABLE

2). sunnyday --> 33pts
    3). grumpy --> 26pts
    4). zhapchit --> 22pts
    7). Canew --> 16pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). shunzi ---> 10pts
    11). zaren -------> 9pts
    12). RoadRunner --> 9pts
    14). archlover --> 7pts
    15). adilexas ---> 7pts
    16). marios -----> 5pts
    17). eejal ----> 4pts
    19). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    20). koplady11 ---> 3pts
    21). obfuscate ---> 1pt
    22). cg171s ---- > 1pt

EUROPA CUPPA!!!

Anfield, LIVERPOOL!!!

9) 1-0 to LFC (Meireles) koplady11 <--- copycat!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Bro, I'm staying put with my previous guess!!! U is the kop-y-kat!!!

The Liverpool players were put through their paces at Melwood on Wednesday morning ahead of the Europa League clash with Sparta Prague - and our photographer was there to get these great shots.

These 2 are the most interesting pics. Hahaha

The rest of the pics over here:
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...s-from-melwood

LEAGUE TABLE

2). sunnyday --> 33pts
    3). grumpy --> 26pts
    4). zhapchit --> 22pts
    7). Canew --> 16pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). shunzi ---> 10pts
    11). zaren -------> 9pts
    12). RoadRunner --> 9pts
    14). archlover --> 7pts
    15). adilexas ---> 7pts
    16). marios -----> 5pts
    17). eejal ----> 4pts
    19). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    20). koplady11 ---> 3pts
    21). obfuscate ---> 1pt
    22). cg171s ---- > 1pt

EUROPA CUPPA!!!

Anfield, LIVERPOOL!!!

6). 5-0 LFC Wins!! (Kuyt, Krygiakos) zhapchit
    9) 1-0 to LFC (Meireles) koplady11

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...r-united-scalp

if anyone is interested in the older generation, the location is not really that far away, and tix are cheaper than kallang!
    and i guess the guys can still run about a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...r-united-scalp

if anyone is interested in the older generation, the location is not really that far away, and tix are cheaper than kallang!
    and i guess the guys can still run about a bit..
    robbie fowler! rob jones! steve mcmanaman!

Joe Cole should focus on his training! Not his hair!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post

LEAGUE TABLE

2). sunnyday --> 33pts
    3). grumpy --> 26pts
    4). zhapchit --> 22pts
    7). Canew --> 16pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). shunzi ---> 10pts
    11). zaren -------> 9pts
    12). RoadRunner --> 9pts
    14). archlover --> 7pts
    15). adilexas ---> 7pts
    16). marios -----> 5pts
    17). eejal ----> 4pts
    19). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    20). koplady11 ---> 3pts
    21). obfuscate ---> 1pt
    22). cg171s ---- > 1pt

EUROPA CUPPA!!!

Anfield, LIVERPOOL!!!

6). 5-0 LFC Wins!! (Kuyt, Krygiakos) zhapchit