Thread: sunny sea

Default sunny sea

advise needed here.. if i will be out and sea on a sunny day... wat shld i do to minimise glare from the reflection of seawater?

i dun think i hav the chance to shoot in the early morning or late afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by bsplenden
    advise needed here.. if i will be out and sea on a sunny day... wat shld i do to minimise glare from the reflection of seawater?

i dun think i hav the chance to shoot in the early morning or late afternoon...
    Use a Cir-PL filter... should cut out reflections...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Use a Cir-PL filter... should cut out reflections...

will under exposing the photo have the same effect as a CPL filter?

will under exposing the photo have the same effect as a CPL filter?
    no. I think the reflections will be enhanced instead cos the rest of the picture is under-exposed. Use a polariser, your pic will come out prettier too.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    no. I think the reflections will be enhanced instead cos the rest of the picture is under-exposed. Use a polariser, your pic will come out prettier too.
    icic.... think i need to search on the uses of a polariser liao... thks a lot.

icic.... think i need to search on the uses of a polariser liao... thks a lot.
    polarisers not only stop reflections, but also enhances some colours... Like the blue in the sky
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    polarisers not only stop reflections, but also enhances some colours... Like the blue in the sky
    yea... just read abt it. which brand do u recommend? cos i am on a rather tight budget...

yea... just read abt it. which brand do u recommend? cos i am on a rather tight budget...
    wats ur lense thread size? although brand plays a part, the bigger ur lense thread size the more costly it gets. CL-PL is more expensive than L-PL, but if u using AF camera then u can only use CL-PL. (correct me if wrg )

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    wats ur lense thread size? although brand plays a part, the bigger ur lense thread size the more costly it gets. CL-PL is more expensive than L-PL, but if u using AF camera then u can only use CL-PL. (correct me if wrg )
    wat is lens thread size? issit the 58mm thingy? hoya expensive? i using AF cam... but it can MF oso... meaning i can toggle betw af and mf. but i think i will just get the CL-PL....