Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Strawberries making a splash

  1. #1

    Default Strawberries making a splash

    I know capturing fruits dunking into water is a category/genre that has been shot to death. But since recently, I have been feeling the need to play with flash, decided to have a go at this too. It was loads of fun but I ended up with a puddle of water in my room (which was the least fun part!) Haha thanks for viewing and enjoy!

    1) Triplets


    2) Strawberry One


    3) Strawberry Two


    4) Strawberry Three
    My Flickr
    Canon 40D, Tamron 17-50 F2.8

  2. #2

    Default Re: Strawberries making a splash

    nice. i tried it before and surely know how hard it is to capture a good splash. I like how the redness of the strawberry is creating a contrast with the black background.

    question, where did you place your flash? how many lights did you use?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Strawberries making a splash

    Quote Originally Posted by onioncube View Post
    nice. i tried it before and surely know how hard it is to capture a good splash. I like how the redness of the strawberry is creating a contrast with the black background.

    question, where did you place your flash? how many lights did you use?
    Glad the colours worked for you onioncube!

    I ventured with only 1 YN468 flash bare on the camera left and slightly above the glass at 1/16 power. On the cam right, I propped up a handmade reflector from cardboard wrapped with aluminium foil to just throw in some light on the right side. Haha, I dont even have a proper back drop, my old black shirt came into handy

    You have a good collection of photos on your flickr, cheers!
    My Flickr
    Canon 40D, Tamron 17-50 F2.8

  4. #4

    Default Re: Strawberries making a splash

    nice.. I also want to try this shot but haven't got that chance to do so... did you take a pic of your setup? if yes, kindly post it up too

    Btw, in #1, are those actually 3 glasses or just 3 images stitched together? Coz I imagine how difficult it is to release the 3 strawberries at once and achieve a good splash
    M240 : SG552 : M82A1 : B92FS : M26

  5. #5

    Default Re: Strawberries making a splash

    What kind of shutter trigger did you use? Or you fired it manually by hand?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Strawberries making a splash

    Quote Originally Posted by nabelrock View Post
    nice.. I also want to try this shot but haven't got that chance to do so... did you take a pic of your setup? if yes, kindly post it up too

    Btw, in #1, are those actually 3 glasses or just 3 images stitched together? Coz I imagine how difficult it is to release the 3 strawberries at once and achieve a good splash
    Oops, I'm sorry I forgot to take a setup picture! I taped my black tee onto the wall for my backdrop. Yn 468 flash on camera left and handmade reflector on cam right. Trigger the shutter using phottix cleon wirelessly as I drop the strawberry into the glass.

    Haha #1 is a stitch of my 3 favourite splashes for this shoot. That's all!
    My Flickr
    Canon 40D, Tamron 17-50 F2.8

  7. #7

    Default Re: Strawberries making a splash

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    What kind of shutter trigger did you use? Or you fired it manually by hand?
    Oh I triggered my shutter using a Phottix Cleon remote. It's difficult to trigger manually using hands man cause I tried that too.
    My Flickr
    Canon 40D, Tamron 17-50 F2.8

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •