Thread: Newbie needs help regarding tripod

Jonathan
    Guests

Default Newbie needs help regarding tripod

I'm supposed to screw the camera onto that piece right? Whats the extra metal thing you see there for?

not sure I m correct or not ... the extra metal thing is to indicate the front part ... mean u should fix the camera with this thing facing the front ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

if i'm not wrong, you got a photo/video tripod rite? the extra metal knob thing is for video cams to make sure that the videocam is pointing straight and in the rite direction, for tilting and panning purposes. there's an extra hole for the knob. for still cams it doesn't matter so much cos you can adjust it anyway.

Yes in the older cam and most video cam esp the older generation ones. there are 2 holes...
    one is the mounting holding and the other, the alightment one.

Hopes that help!

Jonathan
    Guests

Originally posted by firefox13
    if i'm not wrong, you got a photo/video tripod rite? the extra metal knob thing is for video cams to make sure that the videocam is pointing straight and in the rite direction, for tilting and panning purposes. there's an extra hole for the knob. for still cams it doesn't matter so much cos you can adjust it anyway.
    Ah i see.. My tripod is a Canon Tripod 300, and it says "Photo/Video Accessories"

So, what are the difference with the different tripods?

Hi John, you can actually remove that one, use a screw driver.

oops ... give wrong answer ..
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb
    oops ... give wrong answer ..
    actually you weren't that far off... the little knob IS to orientate the camera to the front... just not the camera u're thinking of.

anyway it's the thought that counts...

Jonathan
    Guests

Thanks for the replies

Anyway, "So, what are the difference with the different tripods?", can someone answer? Or is there another forum I should go to for answers?

sorry don't really get you. you mean the difference between a video and a photo tripod?

Jonathan
    Guests

Originally posted by firefox13
    sorry don't really get you. you mean the difference between a video and a photo tripod?
    Actually I mean the different tripod models out there... There *are* different models for tripods right?