Page 1 of 26 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 518

Thread: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

  1. #1

    Default Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Like it or not, I think post processing is very important to make the picture look nicer. However, it is not just about how to use the tools in the software, but also ideas in presenting the mode you want it to be. Like many other newbies, I know how to use some of the basic tools in photoshop but I hope to learn more. I think it’ll be good to learn from the experts here & get to see the pictures ‘before’ & ‘after’ the PP (Although some only believed in showing the best). Anyone willing to share? To kick start, I will post the 1st picture & hope to see more…

    Before:


    After:

    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

  2. #2

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    So, 89 ppl has viewed but nobody wants to share?
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

  3. #3

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SamPaul View Post
    So, 89 ppl has viewed but nobody wants to share?
    i was wondering why you removed the items floating on the water since the one with it looks better than the edited one?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Before:



    After:


  5. #5

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SamPaul View Post
    Like it or not, I think post processing is very important to make the picture look nicer. However, it is not just about how to use the tools in the software, but also ideas in presenting the mode you want it to be. Like many other newbies, I know how to use some of the basic tools in photoshop but I hope to learn more. I think it’ll be good to learn from the experts here & get to see the pictures ‘before’ & ‘after’ the PP (Although some only believed in showing the best). Anyone willing to share? To kick start, I will post the 1st picture & hope to see more…

    Before:


    After:

    u do realise the water looks very fake after you have cleaned it up?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by naynoy View Post
    i was wondering why you removed the items floating on the water since the one with it looks better than the edited one?
    So, u prefer the orig.? I just feel that it's too dirty & very distracting...

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    u do realise the water looks very fake after you have cleaned it up?
    Yea...u got a point! Didn't realise it...Thank you..
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

  7. #7

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Before:



    After:

    This is beautiful...even before PP...
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

  8. #8
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Hello SamPaul.
    I think everyone would PP their shots differently.
    The vegetation on the surface of the water is no doubt distracting.
    If I were to do it, I'd probably just burn them in a little bit and desaturate their Green/Yellow so that they fade more into the water rather than removing them totally.
    Ah... but just my suggestion only.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SamPaul View Post
    So, u prefer the orig.? I just feel that it's too dirty & very distracting...



    Yea...u got a point! Didn't realise it...Thank you..
    i thought the original looks fine. but its your photo.

    did some quick editing to your "after" shot.


  10. #10

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    i thought the original looks fine. but its your photo.

    did some quick editing to your "after" shot.

    This i find it more or rather very natural, if i didn't see the picture before edit, i would believe it's str away raw from the the camera. nice work.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,123

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    I did some blog posts on "before and after" a while back.
    here's some images to share


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,123

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures


  13. #13

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Well, some shots are practically unusable without pp.

    Aerial shot out of plane window


    Before shot in RAW and after adjustment in LR3. I think what my eyes saw was actually much closer to the "before" than the "after", so much for trying to recreate what the eyes see.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Well, some shots are practically unusable without pp.

    Aerial shot out of plane window


    Before shot in RAW and after adjustment in LR3. I think what my eyes saw was actually much closer to the "before" than the "after", so much for trying to recreate what the eyes see.
    nice one.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SamPaul View Post
    This is beautiful...even before PP...
    Hi SamPaul. Thank you for your kind words..

    Lighting was good. So the picture turn out favorable.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Well, some shots are practically unusable without pp.

    Aerial shot out of plane window


    Before shot in RAW and after adjustment in LR3. I think what my eyes saw was actually much closer to the "before" than the "after", so much for trying to recreate what the eyes see.



    What were the adjustment made? Seems like quite alot of effort was put into pp.

  17. #17
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by naynoy View Post
    i was wondering why you removed the items floating on the water since the one with it looks better than the edited one?
    agreed... the edited one the water looks fake already

  18. #18
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Here's mine.

    This photo shot with a ND filter around 3pm+ (not an ideal time to shoot actually).

    Aim: To make a film like vintage photo (my style).

    Before:



    The ND filter gives off a color cast which needs to be corrected.

    After:



    Process:
    - On Canon DPP
    1. I corrected the white balance to correct the color cast.
    2. Played with curves.

    - On Lightroom
    1. Did some tweaking and add heavy grains.


  19. #19

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    "auto levels" per se would have instantly brought the image reasonably close to this final product, but obviously anything "auto" means you lose a lot of the control over the details...
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

  20. #20
    Member mabmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Simei
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

    Well though not much but let me share mine as well.

    Before:


    After:
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

Page 1 of 26 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •