Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: batteries for flash

Default batteries for flash

hello,

I just got a flash but im confused which rechargeable batteries to get, are there any specs of that best for flash?

any recommendations?

thank you..
    Last edited by lenechar; 10th February 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Default Re: batteries for flash

Yes. Do a search for "rechargeable batteries". Discussed to death already. Examples of spending 5 seconds trying a search:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ight=batteries

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ight=batteries (Note the massive list of related threads in this one)

Alpha

thanks for the help bro

ok then, can lock the thread
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

Hi guys,

I dont want to dig up another thread, but it's regarding my flash unit, Nissin Di622 Mark II.

I'm using GP Recyko batteries for it for the first time i used it, it worked well.

Subsequently, when my batteries went flat, after a full charge and put back into the flash, the pilot would not turn green. It stays at red. I had tried using Powerex batteries also, same red pilot lamp.

Have you guys experience such problems before? Is it the battery problem or my flash unit?

Thanks!

So i assume you were not able to fire the flash too? Sometimes it could be the signal to red/green LED that is faulty rather than the flash gun not charged up.

To isolate the problem, try using fresh alkaline battery. If the problem persist, then most probably its the flash unit that is faulty.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried using fresh alkaline batteries. Will Energizer be good?

It's demoralizing, I've only used the flash once in March, up till now when I want to use it then the problem comes.

Quote Originally Posted by lenechar View Post
    hello,

I just got a flash but im confused which rechargeable batteries to get, are there any specs of that best for flash?

any recommendations?

thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by kym2609 View Post
    Hi guys,

I dont want to dig up another thread, but it's regarding my flash unit, Nissin Di622 Mark II.

I'm using GP Recyko batteries for it for the first time i used it, it worked well.

Subsequently, when my batteries went flat, after a full charge and put back into the flash, the pilot would not turn green. It stays at red. I had tried using Powerex batteries also, same red pilot lamp.

Have you guys experience such problems before? Is it the battery problem or my flash unit?

Thanks!
    Thanks for the reply.

It's demoralizing, I've only used the flash once in March, up till now when I want to use it then the problem comes.
    Eneloop rechargeable batteries are widely used & proven. I use them for my flash units. I have given up on alkaline batteries, for one reason, they leak & damage your gears if you have forgotten to remove them after a shoot & left it in for a period of time.

You can get them at a good price from ARTWOKFOTO
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Eneloop rechargeable batteries are widely used & proven. I use them for my flash units. I have given up on alkaline batteries, for one reason, they leak & damage your gears if you have forgotten to remove them after a shoot & left it in for a period of time.

You can get them at a good price from ARTWOKFOTO
    Artwok. Where art walks.

I got my eneloops there, too. They're so shiny *_*

Thanks for the reply.

Since its just to find out the problem, any brand will do.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    Artwok. Where art walks.

I got my eneloops there, too. They're so shiny *_*
    You got the glitter ones? Cool
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    You got the glitter ones? Cool
    Yeah, kept the package to organize which set I have used and which set I hadn't. lol

juz got a set of powerex 2400 batt for my flash.. I hope these are good..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Since its just to find out the problem, any brand will do.
    Ok thanks bro.. Just knock off only, will try it when I get home..

Anyway some of you mentioned the eneloop, must I buy a charger specifically for eneloop or just any charger will do? Sorry my first time dealing with rechargable batteries..

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Have you check the voltage with a multi-meter?

Quote Originally Posted by kym2609
    Ok thanks bro.. Just knock off only, will try it when I get home..

Anyway some of you mentioned the eneloop, must I buy a charger specifically for eneloop or just any charger will do? Sorry my first time dealing with rechargable batteries..
    Some eneloop comes wif charger or batts alone. If I hv a gd NiMh charger, u can use it to charge the eneloop batts.
    More worth to get rechargeable batts
    Take the shot!

Most importantly, get a charger that can quick charge which is usually the top end product of every brand.
    Imagine using less than 1 hour to charge 4 AA batteries compared to using 8 hours to do the same thing.

1hr quick charge will shorten life of battery a lot. Get the newer charges where you can change setting to quick or normal charge. If not in hurry use normal 8hr charge and prolong life of battery.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    1hr quick charge will shorten life of battery a lot. Get the newer charges where you can change setting to quick or normal charge. If not in hurry use normal 8hr charge and prolong life of battery.
    U are right, just saw this article, a great faq on batteries
    http://www.gpbatteries.com/html/faq/index.html

But I have 5 sets batteries, wont that take 40 hours to charge all? I saw maha/powerex 8 cell smart charger with individual monitoring which also comes with fast and soft charging. It says soft charging only needs 2 hours, super quick rite?

Soft at 2hrs.... That's quick! Should be sold by East Gear.... I have not checked their price, but should be in the $100+ range just charger alone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast