Thread: Using scanners

genie47
    Guests

Lightbulb Using scanners

I just got a brand new scanner. A Plustek OpticPro UT24. Has a Transparency Media Adaptor (TMA). I used it for old color photos and restored them to their former glory with the help of Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials.

I tried the TMA on film negatives. Alas, it was a futile exercise as mentioned at Wayne Fulton's Scantips.

The dynamic range of the scanner is not good enough. But there is some nagging thing I found out. There are these weird purple lines running across the scanned film image. What are these?

Another question I have. I heard Vuescan is great so I downloaded it. Any Plustek owner got it to work with a Plustek scanner? My system hangs when I start the preview scan.

I like to hear from other scanner users too on what is possible and what is not.

Thanks.
    Last edited by genie47; 11th June 2002 at 04:25 PM.

Default Re: Using scanners

Originally posted by genie47
    The dynamic range of the scanner is not good enough. But there is some nagging thing I found out. There are these weird purple lines running across the scanned film image. What are these?

Another question I have. I heard Vuescan is great so I downloaded it. Any Plustek owner got it to work with a Plustek scanner? My system hangs when I start the preview scan.

I like to hear from other scanner users too on what is possible and what is not.

Thanks.
    Vuescan works best with an external image viewer such as Acdsee etc, try downloading a copy of acdsee and configuring it as the viewer for vuescan.

Without seeing the purple lines I can't comment but they sound like either Newtons rings or some other form of inteference pattern or scanner error.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!