Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112
Results 221 to 226 of 226

Thread: Wait for D800 or buy D700 now

  1. #221
    Member kane-rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore-
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Wait for D800 or buy D700 now

    It looks like people are lapping up the D 700's

    There are no D700's in stock at B & H photo's and Adorama.

    and on the B n S here it gets lapped up pretty fast. So i am guessing the price will hold steady between 2400 and 2600 for quite a while irrespective of the D800. And if the D800 doesn't meet expectations then people will go to get the d700 or the d4's ( if they have the money)

  2. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB
    Of course is don't buy D700 now, D800 should be great!

    Unless you find damn good prices ie below 2K.
    Wasn't there two of such in BnS just these few weeks?
    They are like Garret popcorn - Gone in 60 seconds :P
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  3. #223

    Default Re: Wait for D800 or buy D700 now

    I chose to wait a while and see. Either the D800 or used D3S.

    Or another D700 if the prices does fall - And prices always fall.

    Quote Originally Posted by kane-rulez View Post
    It looks like people are lapping up the D 700's

    There are no D700's in stock at B & H photo's and Adorama.

    and on the B n S here it gets lapped up pretty fast. So i am guessing the price will hold steady between 2400 and 2600 for quite a while irrespective of the D800. And if the D800 doesn't meet expectations then people will go to get the d700 or the d4's ( if they have the money)
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  4. #224

    Default Re: Wait for D800 or buy D700 now

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    If it cannot, it would be a laughing stock for Nikon. So far, there isn't any Nikon DSLR that underperform in the ISO department that each model replaces (sisters & update models excluded, but of cos D3s trumps D3).
    Not operating in the same ball park. In general the higher the MP in the same frame size mean more noise at the same ISO point. Also means it will not be a high ISO monster. You can simple check the D3s and the D3x out. If it turns out Nikon upped that game i.e. high ISO capable + super high MP then expect to pay dearly for that. What is more important is did they correct the D700 little quirk to slower AF detection at low light and the relatively screwed up placement of the AF points in a full frame camera.

  5. #225

    Default Re: Wait for D800 or buy D700 now

    It all depends on how deep your pocket is.

    Deep enough, the question depends on whether you need a FX cam now?

    Deep enough and you need a FX cam just go buy one D700 from the shops - you have deep pockets to lose a few 100 bucks (should you wish to dispose of it when the D800 is out in the market) - no big deal to you, right?.

    If you have deeper pockets buy the D700 now and buy the D4, or D800 when it's shipped out then sell the D700 if you find it really inferior to your new conquests; and since money is of no issue, just keep all of them.

    However, if you don't have deep, deep pockets buy a D700 now (if you really need a FX cam) from BNS. Waiting for D800 will certainly costs you as much as double that of a pre-owned D700 now as the price of D800 (if that's the model to be announced) is expected to be between a new D700 and a new D3S. The price of D4 is already known to you.

    So, what's there to ponder on to wait for D800 (intention to buy) or to buy D700 now ....

  6. #226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ficklefinger
    It all depends on how deep your pocket is.

    Deep enough, the question depends on whether you need a FX cam now?

    Deep enough and you need a FX cam just go buy one D700 from the shops - you have deep pockets to lose a few 100 bucks (should you wish to dispose of it when the D800 is out in the market) - no big deal to you, right?.

    If you have deeper pockets buy the D700 now and buy the D4, or D800 when it's shipped out then sell the D700 if you find it really inferior to your new conquests; and since money is of no issue, just keep all of them.

    However, if you don't have deep, deep pockets buy a D700 now (if you really need a FX cam) from BNS. Waiting for D800 will certainly costs you as much as double that of a pre-owned D700 now as the price of D800 (if that's the model to be announced) is expected to be between a new D700 and a new D3S. The price of D4 is already known to you.

    So, what's there to ponder on to wait for D800 (intention to buy) or to buy D700 now ....
    The actual specs of D800 of course. There's always the renting option to tide the waiting period, saving the trouble and hassle to BnS the D700 later. You will be lucky if u can keep the lost from the BnS within $100...
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •