Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17-55mm F2.8 or 24-70mm F2.8?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee

vibration reduction/compensation is to minimize hand shake while taking a shoot.

high shutter speed can be used to capture a fast moving subject.
    sry for not making myself clear. I just wanted to ask if the non vc version will induce a lot of blur because it can't minimize handshake. and will this affect me a lot if I am running around taking pictures of people during weddings
    [Chasing the Light]
    Canon EOS 1D MK III user =X

Default Re: 17-55mm F2.8 or 24-70mm F2.8?

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
    sry for not making myself clear. I just wanted to ask if the non vc version will induce a lot of blur because it can't minimize handshake. and will this affect me a lot if I am running around taking pictures of people during weddings
    Generally you don't want to shoot while running. Stop, hold your camera properly, and shoot. For the steadiest shots, point the camera at the action, focus first (and leave your finger depressing the shutter halfway), wait for the moment then press the shutter. Don't wait for the moment then smash the shutter button down, that will introduce camera shake.

VC/IS/OS/VR should not be the main thing that affect whether your shots come out sharp, it should serve to complement with good camera holding technique. IS doesn't do magic, if your hands are shaking like crazy even the best IS will not work

Thx for the advice guys,

Which is better? The Sigma or Tamron 17-50mm F2.8?
    [Chasing the Light]
    Canon EOS 1D MK III user =X

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
    i never seem anybody running around taking photograph, it will affect your breathing inducing more shake to your camera. I think you need more experience with wedding photoshot, you will have to think and visualise about what you want to shoot during the wedding, like a few pictures of the vip, the cake cutting session, blah blah. Come up with a plan, it is pretty standard for a wedding dinner photography, just treat it like a event.

Lastly make sure your settings are suitable for the lighting.
    Visit me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by wilb87 View Post
    i never seem anybody running around taking photograph, it will affect your breathing inducing more shake to your camera. I think you need more experience with wedding photoshot, you will have to think and visualise about what you want to shoot during the wedding, like a few pictures of the vip, the cake cutting session, blah blah. Come up with a plan, it is pretty standard for a wedding dinner photography, just treat it like a event.

Lastly make sure your settings are suitable for the lighting.
    Yup, shooting a wedding well requires experience...running all over the place at the last minute is not the way it should be done. You need to know when to go where, and that comes with experience.

If u are not planning to go fx in the future the dx lens is good enough for events coverage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12