Thread: Share share some bidding method

Default Share share some bidding method

Saw this(http://offer.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAP...m=170598241868) at Ebay. I am winning (the 20GBP guy) till the last few second when someone bidded 21GBP...

Wonder for those who bid in EBay, any idea of strategy for high chance to win. Oversea timing are almost half the clock away and it is actually very tiring to stay late and check bids. Though I stay to camp for it, it is hard to defend against last few second bidding.
    Last edited by wootsk; 9th February 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Default Re: Share share some bidding method

It's only normal that the bid increases faster during the last few moments of the auction.

The guy that outbid ya most probably had offered much higher price than GBP 21 or perhaps exactly GBP 21 trying his luck.

Want to win? Offer much higher price seconds before it ends.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

PS, just a bit emo staying up to check bidding but failed in the end. Have been looking for this filter for sometime. Wonder if I bidded at the last minute instead might actually lower the bid cost a bit. If I place 35GBP in the max bid, my cost will be 35GBP or the highest in the list?

It's common.... Never bid until the last second, and learn to use the auto-bid features.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    If I place 35GBP in the max bid, my cost will be 35GBP or the highest in the list?
    Highest in the list, so long as it's less than 35GBP. You're basically saying you will only pay at most 35.
    Alpha

I see, but due to overspending this month, I am also not planning to part with more than 30GBP lolz. Guess I will have to start later and wack a higher max bid then the highest in the list.
    Just another question to those who use EBay bidding. If the bidding system close and last bidder is another guy who bid 22, but I actually set 30 in my max bid before hand but the system response slow. Who actually gets the item?

PS, just a bit emo staying up to check bidding but failed in the end. Have been looking for this filter for sometime. Wonder if I bidded at the last minute instead might actually lower the bid cost a bit. If I place 35GBP in the max bid, my cost will be 35GBP or the highest in the list?
    In eBay, you are asked to set the maximum bid that you're willing offer. That said, if the current bid is $1 while your maximum bid is $30, your effective bid will be $2. It will auto increase based on the minimum amount required (eg minimum of $1 increase) for each bid till it hits beyond $30, thats when you've outbid by others.

You should offer the max price you're willing to offer seconds before it ends. If final bid amount is much lesser than what you've set in maximum bid, you will only be required to pay for that amount instead.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

I see, but due to overspending this month, I am also not planning to part with more than 30GBP lolz. Guess I will have to start later and wack a higher max bid then the highest in the list.
    Just another question to those who use EBay bidding. If the bidding system close and last bidder is another guy who bid 22, but I actually set 30 in my max bid before hand but the system response slow. Who actually gets the item?
    As long as the system registers your bid before it ends, you will get it.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

I see thanks for all the reply. Hopefully, not long after I lost it, some CS guy post it in B&S and I buy it straight from him

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post

Want to win? Offer much higher price seconds before it ends.

If you can't stay up till the end of the auction, you can use www.esnipe.com

won many items this way :-)
    Pay a fee through Paypal

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post

Pay a fee through Paypal

HS
    Sounds cool, thanks for the share

Btw... what happens if 2 people both using esnipe want the same item? o.O

Pay a fee through Paypal

HS
    thanks! didn't know got such service!

use bid sniping tools. very high chance of getting it. can track as well as get advice on whats the likely price and etc.

Wow, this is great. I suspect the guy actually use this esnipe. It's just very depressing when I stay up late and lost to the guy who might actually be sleeping soundly in his bed. Too bad I am a noob to this Ebay bidding thing as I always buy it now even when using Ebay.

i actually snipe when i am concern abt the price than whether i get the item or not.

if u really want it, you can always set a really high bid for it.

Wow, this is great. I suspect the guy actually use this esnipe. It's just very depressing when I stay up late and lost to the guy who might actually be sleeping soundly in his bed. Too bad I am a noob to this Ebay bidding thing as I always buy it now even when using Ebay.
    Learn from it. If you want something, offer the highest bid you can offer at the last few seconds. The guy might have offered higher price than GBP 21 and secured the item.

And FYI, the bidders are from different countries hence he/she might not be sleeping soundly but bidding as he/she works? Get on with it,
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Pay a fee through Paypal

HS
    +1

I also use esnipe when I want to get item with low price (price is my main concern here)

If I really want the item, then I won't use esnipe, I'll find the "buy it now" or "make offer" and contact the seller directly to negotiate the price.