Thread: Logistical travelling

Default Logistical travelling

Any advice from frequent travelers how you store your camera attached with a huge lens, say a 70-200mm mkII when you do your walkabouts and going for lunch. You can be carrying around your neck for the whole day. Do you dismantle and store them separately or just chuck the whole thing inside your bag( it's not big enuf, is it?)

Default Re: Logistical travelling

Either chuck in my bag or sling around my shoulder. I have a comfy strap.
    Alpha

back in the bag.
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

Blog Entries

Back in the bag. And yes, there are bags big enough to carry the 70-200 mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by thelight View Post
    Any advice from frequent travelers how you store your camera attached with a huge lens, say a 70-200mm mkII when you do your walkabouts and going for lunch. You can be carrying around your neck for the whole day. Do you dismantle and store them separately or just chuck the whole thing inside your bag( it's not big enuf, is it?)
    heheheheh who says so?

http://www.naturescapes.net/store/im...ker-pro-03.jpg

notice that the lens hood is still mounted in the forward orientation, not reversed for compactness
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 9th February 2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Exploring! :)

dont really feel the need to. the whole thing is pretty much lighter then GPMG or Matador.

there are some bags that change into a toploader when you require the titan lenses though.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    heheheheh who says so?

http://www.naturescapes.net/store/im...ker-pro-03.jpg

notice that the lens hood is still mounted in the forward orientation, not reversed for compactness
    hehe..cool bag...
    will look into it.
    my reason of asking is because of typical singaporean kiasu-ism, just don't want to flaunt it while having lunch and at the same time didn't want the camera and lens put into my regular back pack without 'protection' of some sort.
    with regular small lenses, i usually slot into an open 'single camera/lens' bag/pouch without zipping it in my handcarry/regular backpack..
    but with the newly purchased mkII, i probably have to wrapped it in micro-fibre cloth before inserting into my handcarry.

thank for your feedback guys, just want to know the habits of the masses.
    cheers.