Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: How to make a good cup of coffee?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default How to make a good cup of coffee?

    I tried many different brands including blue mountain but none has the ooomph to make me stay alert. I think it must be the way I prepare the coffee. Is there any way to prepare it so that the coffee smell and taste good. Also what brand of coffee are you drinking?

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I tried many different brands including blue mountain but none has the ooomph to make me stay alert. I think it must be the way I prepare the coffee. Is there any way to prepare it so that the coffee smell and taste good. Also what brand of coffee are you drinking?
    to me there's no special way to make a cuppa joe. but it has to cater to your taste. but this is what i do. 250ml of hot water, 2 1/2 teaspons of coffee powder (try it with Nescafe Gold) and 3/4 teaspoons of sugar.

    i used to make coffee at the American Club a few years back

    i like expressos. and of course, cafe americano. black, no sugar

  3. #3
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    I'm too lazy to make my own cup of coffee, I just let the Nespresso machine do its job.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #4

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I'm too lazy to make my own cup of coffee, I just let the Nespresso machine do its job.
    that coffee lacks flavor, aroma and character

  5. #5

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    I use kilimanjaro AA coffee in an 80/20 blend with Hawaii Kona, with 1/2 stick of cinnamon, and brown sugar as a sweetener. I use 4 heaping tablespoons and a french press. Makes 2 big cups of yummy coffee.
    Alpha

  6. #6
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    that coffee lacks flavor, aroma and character
    Some blends ain't that bad IMHO and it is almost instantaneous as compared to actually brewing your own espresso.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #7
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    first, coffee bean must be eaten by civet cat. next, cat must poop. then u take the bean that went through poop to make coffee

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    to me there's no special way to make a cuppa joe. but it has to cater to your taste. but this is what i do. 250ml of hot water, 2 1/2 teaspons of coffee powder (try it with Nescafe Gold) and 3/4 teaspoons of sugar.

    i used to make coffee at the American Club a few years back

    i like expressos. and of course, cafe americano. black, no sugar
    I used to do the expresso without sugar thingy but that is really heaty if you keep doing it 2-3 cups a day. Soon you'll find your bottom with little lumps. So I stopped doing that.

    My office boy told me need to pre-rinse the cup with hot water and melt the coffee powder with boiling hot water, stir really hard. Then add in sugar and stir really hard again. Then fill up with hot water. Sounds like making chinese tea to me

    Sometimes, I find the coffee being sold in Yat Kun and the likes much better than the branded ones that I buy.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I'm too lazy to make my own cup of coffee, I just let the Nespresso machine do its job.
    Nespresso machine very costly leh. Somemore need to maintain.

  10. #10

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post

    Sometimes, I find the coffee being sold in Yat Kun and the likes much better than the branded ones that I buy.
    I find Wang's coffee better than Yakun's. It's more consistent..try the one at plaz sing..kopi-c kow siew tai..mmmmmm
    D700|N24-70f2.8|N70-200f2.8VRII
    Come visit my blog http://www.coolphotoblogs.com/profile20486

  11. #11

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Nespresso machine very costly leh. Somemore need to maintain.
    9V-Orion Images is a rich man

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I use kilimanjaro AA coffee in an 80/20 blend with Hawaii Kona, with 1/2 stick of cinnamon, and brown sugar as a sweetener. I use 4 heaping tablespoons and a french press. Makes 2 big cups of yummy coffee.
    hmm...sounds good but wouldn't the cinnamon and brown sugar will mask the smell of coffee?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightbrush View Post
    I find Wang's coffee better than Yakun's. It's more consistent..try the one at plaz sing..kopi-c kow siew tai..mmmmmm
    I like my coffee black (O), without c or si and milk or nah. Must have the native coffee smell or bee.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I tried many different brands including blue mountain but none has the ooomph to make me stay alert. I think it must be the way I prepare the coffee. Is there any way to prepare it so that the coffee smell and taste good. Also what brand of coffee are you drinking?
    Use a long spoon.

  15. #15

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I use kilimanjaro AA coffee in an 80/20 blend with Hawaii Kona, with 1/2 stick of cinnamon, and brown sugar as a sweetener. I use 4 heaping tablespoons and a french press. Makes 2 big cups of yummy coffee.
    one day i need to find you at AMK and rob your hou-... i mean. meet up for a nice cup of coffee

  16. #16
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    I'm too lazy to make my own cup of coffee, I just let the Nespresso machine do its job.
    Same....hassle free....

    I not really into coffee....just "need" it.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    Use a long spoon.
    What do you mean?

  18. #18

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    one day i need to find you at AMK and rob your hou-... i mean. meet up for a nice cup of coffee
    And I have kopi luwak at home too. Chocolatey!
    Alpha

  19. #19

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    hmm...sounds good but wouldn't the cinnamon and brown sugar will mask the smell of coffee?
    Nope. That's why only use a bit of cinnamon, like 1cm. It adds a wonderful hint of spice to the aroma. The brown sugar blends well with the smell, it's white sugar or honey that ruin the aroma.
    Alpha

  20. #20

    Default Re: How to make a good cup of coffee?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And I have kopi luwak at home too. Chocolatey!
    your house is a treasure trove for coffee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •