Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable Storage

Default Re: Portable Storage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Hi, how much did you pay for the Hyperdrive? Am using a very old storage device and is extremely slow and figure time for me to upgrade. TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Would love to know too.

:Later,
    $339 incl GST wo HDD.

Wah, more things to buy after I get my salary... reminds me of a friend who warned me before I joined this website "Remember: it's poisonous!"

It's just a normal 2.5" hard-disk, right?
    Life is full of partings - snapshot them while you can & cherish them!

I use a Nexto Multi. It is cheaper then the Hyperspace because it comes without color screen to preview photos, but it is much faster and cheaper then some of the other cheaper databanks that runs on AA battery.

Additionally, because it is faster, I can transfer much more then I can shoot everyday without even draining the battery 1 bar. It also tells you whether the previous transfer was successful, unlike the other databanks.

Can share where u got it from and price? Interested to get one for my trip. Photo preview is non-essential to me too.

I have been using Ovation Photobank. Served me well but I think it's about time to look for alternative. If I'm not wrong, Ovation Photobank is already obsolete.
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by waipeng View Post
    I use a Nexto Multi. It is cheaper then the Hyperspace because it comes without color screen to preview photos, but it is much faster and cheaper then some of the other cheaper databanks that runs on AA battery.

Additionally, because it is faster, I can transfer much more then I can shoot everyday without even draining the battery 1 bar. It also tells you whether the previous transfer was successful, unlike the other databanks.
    Eastgear used to sell Nexto PSDs but a look at their website turns up a blank http://www.eastgear.com/others/stora...e/nextodi.html
    Perhaps you can call them and see if they still sell the device?
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

I am looking to get a casing from hyperspace ( i accidentally short circuited my Nexto casing some time ago )
    from http://www.memoryworld.com.sg/. They do delivery to ur place, with a small fee. Cash payment does not incur a 5% charge unlike paypal

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I am looking to get a casing from hyperspace ( i accidentally short circuited my Nexto casing some time ago )
    from http://www.memoryworld.com.sg/. They do delivery to ur place, with a small fee. Cash payment does not incur a 5% charge unlike paypal

Ryan
    i wanted to buy the casing too sometime back... but still hesitating haha

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

i wanted to buy the casing too sometime back... but still hesitating haha
    Hah I also still thinking phase. I might bring a laptop along for holidays n just connect for transfers instead.

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12