Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Portable Storage

  1. #1

    Default Portable Storage

    Hi there, I've been looking for a portable storage that I can use to transfer my photos straight off my camera on my CF card without the need for a laptop. The self-powered type I think. Anyone is currently using any brands that is fast and reliable? It would help a lot if you could also tell me where you bought it and how much it cost. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    something like this?

    data storage device

  3. #3

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    It would help if you tried a search. This comes up very very frequently.
    Alpha

  4. #4
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

  5. #5

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    something like this?

    data storage device
    Yes, thank you!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Oh, got it! Thanks a million!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex
    This is a reliable photo bank but the price can put you off.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    i got a creative zen W 60gb..at a steal..cosmetics is 10/10 and i paid $120..

  9. #9

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    My experience with portable data storage is not good. I had 2 of them.
    Find it slow to view and preview images. Get a faster one... too expensive.

    So in the end find Net Book more practical and cheaper. Bigger screen.

    Alternatively, I am now using iPad with camera connection kit.

  10. #10
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    The Colorspace Hyperdrive from Memory World is not bad. It can perform recovery of corrupted memory cards and incremental backup. The speed is super at 2 GB/min. A group of us just bought 7 pcs in one go

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    My experience with potable storage is also not good. My Canon M80 drains battery too fast. at most can download about 3 pieces of 4Gb CF card. Now I use a netbook with external HD. Downloads is faster and battery last longer.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    i got a creative zen W 60gb..at a steal..cosmetics is 10/10 and i paid $120..
    Just wondering, how do you feel about the Zen Vision W? the speed of transfer and the screen resolution?
    Nikon D300

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh
    My experience with portable data storage is not good. I had 2 of them.
    Find it slow to view and preview images. Get a faster one... too expensive.

    So in the end find Net Book more practical and cheaper. Bigger screen.

    Alternatively, I am now using iPad with camera connection kit.
    My iPad always quit halfway while transferring pics leh..

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by kazu11 View Post
    My iPad always quit halfway while transferring pics leh..
    issit due to the timeout due to the screen power?
    http://www.EdmundPhoto.com
    for Weddings, Family Portraits, Executive Portraits, etc

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Have used the hyperdrive and found it to be pretty good so far.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferderico View Post
    issit due to the timeout due to the screen power?
    no leh, the app just quit like not enough memory like that...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by kazu11 View Post
    no leh, the app just quit like not enough memory like that...
    Did a quick search and someone seems to have the same problem as you. Their remedy was to power off the ipad, restart and try again.

    http://discussions.apple.com/message...ageID=12449270

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans

    Did a quick search and someone seems to have the same problem as you. Their remedy was to power off the ipad, restart and try again.

    http://discussions.apple.com/message...ageID=12449270
    Thanks man, the last time I tried that but still couldn't complete transferring all the pics. Maybe it was because it was camera to iPad or Memory Stick to card reader to iPad.. will try again when I get a SD card, maybe that will work flawlessly..

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    The Colorspace Hyperdrive from Memory World is not bad. It can perform recovery of corrupted memory cards and incremental backup. The speed is super at 2 GB/min. A group of us just bought 7 pcs in one go
    Hi, how much did you pay for the Hyperdrive? Am using a very old storage device and is extremely slow and figure time for me to upgrade. TIA!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Portable Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Hi, how much did you pay for the Hyperdrive? Am using a very old storage device and is extremely slow and figure time for me to upgrade. TIA!
    Would love to know too.

    :Later,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •