Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S'poreans most concerned with saving for retirement

Default Re: S'poreans most concerned with saving for retirement

actually come to think of it, when I was single, I did not need to worry about money, for then and retirement.

after I had my first child, then the more I think about retirement, the more I worry about it, since the income remains the same for me but I use it to support three persons instead of only myself... I am at retirement age when my child has sufficient income say at 25yo to cover herself. So my conclusion is the same as above, work till I cannot work. Even if my income at the time is 1/3 of what I earn today, at least I delay using my savings .

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i dun want to retire in sg. i will migrate instead.
    The way i see migration: Anyone who has the means to be a "quitter", most likely has the means to retire in S'pore too. But grass over the other side might be more livable

Anybody noticed that the basic cost of living is now getting very high or is it juz me?

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Unless ur job only pays u $900 a mth, and ur monthly expenses is like $500-$600 dollars.
    I have another scenario. Our domestic helper, say u pay her $350 per mth & $250 to Govt levy. I seriously want to know who (local s'porean) is willing to work for $600/mth or $350/mth from morning till night. There r some people working for such low wages & i dun think they have much choices

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    Anybody noticed that the basic cost of living is now getting very high or is it juz me?
    I noticed the cost of my weekly grocery trip to fairprice has increased from $60 two years ago to $80-90 nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    I noticed the cost of my weekly grocery trip to fairprice has increased from $60 two years ago to $80-90 nowadays.
    Ntvc fair price, pricing not so fair already. Open your eyes when you shop.. Do comparisinon..

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    actually come to think of it, when I was single, I did not need to worry about money, for then and retirement.

after I had my first child, then the more I think about retirement, the more I worry about it, since the income remains the same for me but I use it to support three persons instead of only myself... I am at retirement age when my child has sufficient income say at 25yo to cover herself. So my conclusion is the same as above, work till I cannot work. Even if my income at the time is 1/3 of what I earn today, at least I delay using my savings .
    Sad, but it is true.
    I can't imagine if someone in Singapore at his retirement age "kanna" chop from company and then can't find job outside and it is due to a well known issue: he is too old and expensive to do the job....

The older I grow, the more worries I have
    Yet I'm happier, the maturity, the wisdom and family
    Oddly, I find myself complaining less
    Succumbing to The Man?
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Unless ur job only pays u $900 a mth, and ur monthly expenses is like $500-$600 dollars.
    those paid below $900 and get to sign up course to upgrade yourself.
    that's why there are sponsor course. the formula make sense.

whether the human could practice this formula, i guess we are trying experince it. a new country, new formula, needs lot of guinea pig. Just like few babises formula did not work out in the past, so changing direction to promote more babies.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Ntvc fair price, pricing not so fair already. Open your eyes when you shop.. Do comparisinon..
    in fact my brother always teases me for reading the supermarket ads in great details every week, and asks me where got good deals.

but then when mighty mrs wants something and say 'good for our child', do you want to tell her u rather get another brand and same a few dollars ? I don't dare.
    *** disclaimer: I am not saying mrs is wrong or spend thrift ***

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123