Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the old birds, what's our future?

Default Re: To the old birds, what's our future?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    From my observation I believe many "older" members here are experiencing a similar scene. Only a few years ago, whenever you have a big family gathering, you are the only few, if not the only one to carry a Dslr, and was the "official" photographer for the gathering. This time, whenever there is a gathering, almost everyone is holding one! Uncles, auntie, cousins, nephews, nieces, brothers, sisters, etc...
    The funny thing is that while most of us have "downgraded" our Dslr to the friendly interchangeable p&s cams, these relatives are all using bigger Dslr and the older relatives are using the highest end of p&s cams.

It is no more fun taking photos at such gathering anymore. There will always be shooters aiming at every one. The worst is group shooting... You will get so many cams aiming!

Now what will you do next?
    1. Bring along your biggest Dslr and lens?
    2. Bring along the smallest cam tt you have?
    3. Just bring your iPhone?
    4. Don't bring any n wait to be shot?
    5. Officially announce a new "official" photographer to take over your title?
    Bring a LEICA and they will hide their DSLR because their cameras too CHEAP

im always happy that someone can take over, it's painful sorting out pictures, do a little touching up and printing and sending it out. Somehow most people still prefer prints.
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

STEPP ASIDDEE OLDIES!!! Time for us, THE NEXT GENERATION to take over!!! Mwahahahaha
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Great isnt it, that more are enjoying photography..used to be karaoke, then wii, now kinect, wonderful if relatives gather to talk abt photography as well!..lol

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Great isnt it, that more are enjoying photography..used to be karaoke, then wii, now kinect, wonderful if relatives gather to talk abt photography as well!..lol
    You do realise...that photography is much more expensive than any of the others?
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    You do realise...that photography is much more expensive than any of the others?
    high end audio system for karaoke will cost much more than photography.

Blog Entries

i will teach and let the next generation take over the official duties
    i will only shoot if and when i feel like it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12