Thread: Advice needed - Tripod recommendation for Product and general photography

Default Advice needed - Tripod recommendation for Product and general photography

Hello in advance.

I'm looking for a tripod for studio shooting which can also be used for scenery shooting (when I go around with my family and on holidays). Hence its got to be lightweight yet strong? Is there such a thing?

Camera will be the Panasonic GF1

Studio equipment will be http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=281 (or if you can recommend me a something similar preferably at a cheaper price will be best )

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Themaker; 3rd February 2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: I want to include the link picture

Default Re: Advice needed - Tripod recommendation for Product and general photography

scenery shooting means landscape???
    family shooting means portrait.

in studio shooting, you should look for strobes/ flash which can increase or decrease intensity and freeze the image in a synchronized and controlled manner that is difficult to achieved in an outdoor environment.

if you r outdoor, most of the time you are at the mercy of nature and weather. at 300+W and only 5000-6500K color temperature, there is a limit to what the equipment you are seeking to do, even though granted it is way above what flashes can do also.

if you r unsure of your coming investment, i would suggest to reconsider your option of takin fotos at only optimum daylight, and renting studios for your portrait shooting instead. i guess with the correct background n a bit of work, you could superimpose images over each other in PS and achieve reasonable quality outdoor, family fotos.

Default Re: Advice needed - Tripod recommendation for Product and general photography

Happy CNY,
    Looks like you are promoting yr product here more than a newbies.
    Anyway, the light bulb is the best I like
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Themaker View Post
    Hello in advance.

I'm looking for a tripod for studio shooting which can also be used for scenery shooting (when I go around with my family and on holidays). Hence its got to be lightweight yet strong? Is there such a thing?

Camera will be the Panasonic GF1
    Tripods good for product studio shoot are not very lightweight or suitable for travelling with.

Please make up your mind which one you want to favor more. For product, tripods need to be stable, strong, flexible in setup and orientation. Sometimes it pays for have the tripod heavy, since it can counter the weight of your camera setup in odd angles. Tripods good in this include:

Gitzo Explorer, Vanguard Alta Pro series, Manfrotto 055xprob (or 055CXpro3), Benro Versatile center column series.

hello all...

Thanks for all the feedback...apologies if i've not made it clearer..

the studio shooting will be for jewellery...and the light equipment i posted is what i'm intending on purchasing...how stanycjw misconstrued that i'm actually selling it is beyond me

i'm looking for a tripod which can serve both purpose...shooting jewellery and 1 that i can bring on vacations for shooting landscape.

please advise. thanks in advance!

happy CNY!

i think it will be easier for people to recommend if u give us a budget that you are working with. otherwise u will have all sorts of nonsensical suggestions.

There is a nice guide written by CS member denniskee:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384016
    EOS

Well I guess I'm willing to pay a max of $180.

Please advise

if u r merely after the tripod, then i suggest you get a chirp cam tripod (ard $25) and add on a flash adapter with cold shoe (cum umbrella holder) which will set you back by $65 or so. unless u already got a spare tripod to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Themaker View Post
    Well I guess I'm willing to pay a max of $180.

Please advise
    Im using Sirui..
    So for Sirui brand.. ur budget can get T-1004 + G20 ballhead.

Others might give alternative options..
    ~PeaceNoWar~