Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: There's music coming from my PC Speakers. BUT I'M NOT PLAYING ANY MUSIC!

Default Re: There's music coming from my PC Speakers. BUT I'M NOT PLAYING ANY MUSIC!

Die...at the rate we're going, when Kei sees this, I think I'll be tuning into the hell station real soon....
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Default Re: There's music coming from my PC Speakers. BUT I'M NOT PLAYING ANY MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Die...at the rate we're going, when Kei sees this, I think I'll be tuning into the hell station real soon....
    Oh wait... maybe that's what happened to the other guy... That's who playing the music for him... Oh oh...

ehhhh. i just got home from collecting a gift from my god-sis. what???

HAHA. might be signal cross-talk in the end. but now i'm getting chinese music in addition to classical playing at the same time LOL!

but still doesn't explain the looping violin music.. spooked.

Ei bro trying to scare us again ah you..

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Ei bro trying to scare us again ah you..
    er. HAHA. nope bro. but it's creepy to hear looping violin music at night.

i have similar encounter. there is always music coming out of my laptop (in this case, my laptop speaker, headphone, etc). it seems like the DVD-ROM drive?

sometime when i watch DVD movies, and the music came on, i need to turn off the volume and pause the movies for a while till the music goes off.

is it that i install the k-lite codec pack?

BTW, whenever the music came on, i shut off the browser completely but it is still there

can anybody help?

Maybe it's your inner self calling out to you to pick up violin lessons... Who knows? Maybe Singapore's Got Talent!

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    i have similar encounter. there is always music coming out of my laptop (in this case, my laptop speaker, headphone, etc). it seems like the DVD-ROM drive?

sometime when i watch DVD movies, and the music came on, i need to turn off the volume and pause the movies for a while till the music goes off.

is it that i install the k-lite codec pack?

BTW, whenever the music came on, i shut off the browser completely but it is still there

can anybody help?
    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    ehhhh. i just got home from collecting a gift from my god-sis. what???

HAHA. might be signal cross-talk in the end. but now i'm getting chinese music in addition to classical playing at the same time LOL!

but still doesn't explain the looping violin music.. spooked.
    - Does the music stop immediately when the speakers are unplugged from the PC/laptop? This is to verify that the speakers themselves are not acting as antenna and picking a signal on their own (although i cannot fathom how speakers can decode FM signals without any hardware - as some earlier posts seem to suggest.)

- If unplugging from the PC does not kill the music, are your speakers wired or wireless? (Wireless easy to explain - neighbour's signal. Wired...hmm.)

- If the source of the stray sound is the PC/laptop, fire up the task manager, click on the "processes" tab and sort by "CPU". The source of the music should filter itself to somewhere near the top of the list. If killing a particular process kills the music instantly, you've found the culprit.
    Last edited by ST1100; 3rd February 2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    -
    - If the source of the stray sound is the PC/laptop, fire up the task manager, click on the "processes" tab and sort by "CPU". The source of the music should filter itself to somewhere near the top of the list. If killing a particular process kills the music instantly, you've found the culprit.
    mine is a repeated same piece of music. good idea, will try it it..

although i cannot fathom how speakers can decode FM signals without any hardware - as some earlier posts seem to suggest.
    Without going into specifics, Radio Frequency (RF) breakthrough interference is fairly common in poorly shielded electroacoustic transducer and radio equipments.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 3rd February 2011 at 12:33 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

u have been contacted by the unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    er. HAHA. nope bro. but it's creepy to hear looping violin music at night.
    call the police, it was a distracting signal . when people was trapped somewhere, they will use walkies talkie or radio to call for help. usually the signal will be looping.

got watch Lost season 1? the French woman also using similar tatic.

call for help kei, you might able to save 1 life.
    Objection !!!

- Does the music stop immediately when the speakers are unplugged from the PC/laptop? This is to verify that the speakers themselves are not acting as antenna and picking a signal on their own (although i cannot fathom how speakers can decode FM signals without any hardware - as some earlier posts seem to suggest.)

- If unplugging from the PC does not kill the music, are your speakers wired or wireless? (Wireless easy to explain - neighbour's signal. Wired...hmm.)
    i'm on 7 year old wired speakers.

the first time i heard the violin music, i checked my PC. after i switched it off (main switch not off), i unplugged the speakers from the PC and the music was still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    call the police, it was a distracting signal . when people was trapped somewhere, they will use walkies talkie or radio to call for help. usually the signal will be looping.

got watch Lost season 1? the French woman also using similar tatic.

call for help kei, you might able to save 1 life.
    LOL. i don't watch lost... this scenario oddly reminded me of White Noise the movie.

yea and to the rest.. i do know the part of speakers picking up radio frequencies. we studied that back at the signals institute. but this is just plain weird. behind the normal chinese channel, i can still hear classical music blending in.

The Ring 3 (Speaker Version)

Bro Kei I'll pick you up tomorrow and accompany you to IMH.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Bro Kei I'll pick you up tomorrow and accompany you to IMH.
    what.... what? IMH?? bro digitalpimp ermmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

what.... what? IMH?? bro digitalpimp ermmmm..

He's gonna pimp you! Or at least pimp your cam, Lol

mixed feelings i have now..
    spooky, yes..
    amusing, yes also..
    haha!
    the way the music loops really spooky.. still have the music? post it on Youtube!
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    He's gonna pimp you! Or at least pimp your cam, Lol
    He must be eyeing on Kei's newly acquired A900 and 70-200mm... "Come come, I bring you to IMH... yeah hor, since you'll be there for indefinite period of time, you dun need your cam and zoom, come I help you keep nice nice..."

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

He must be eyeing on Kei's newly acquired A900 and 70-200mm... "Come come, I bring you to IMH... yeah hor, since you'll be there for indefinite period of time, you dun need your cam and zoom, come I help you keep nice nice..."
    Hahaha! Got me there. Guess I need to cook up a new plan since you ruined everything for me lol.
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 4th February 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast