Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At River Hongbao 2011, a lot of students holding Nikon DSLR.

Default Re: At River Hongbao 2011, a lot of students holding Nikon DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

I'm not young but am still learning, there will be no end of learning.
    Cannot say like that.
    We are all young and still learning.
    Some are younger.
    When we hit 90 then we are old.
    Learning is life long.

_______
    Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events | Max 360 prints per hour per printer |

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    either that or students cannot sign out the more "Pro" lens. I can imagine the shots they took yesterday to be either underexposed because not enough light, blurred because use Av on auto and harsh pics from those that use onboard flash.

should we post pointers for the sake of the students who might be reading this just that they maybe too paiseh to post or ask their trainer/teacher in charge.
    TS, give the students a break. They are after all just starting out and there is no need to be so presumptuous or whether they lack ability or they have the right gear. What is the basis of your assumptions above? Perhaps you ought to re-examine your own photos first before you proffer any advice.

nowadays father rich father buy

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    TS, give the students a break. They are after all just starting out and there is no need to be so presumptuous or whether they lack ability or they have the right gear. What is the basis of your assumptions above? Perhaps you ought to re-examine your own photos first before you proffer any advice.
    PWNN!!!

Maybe TS is sour? What's up with all the presumptions? Are you jealous they have the opportunity to start young? Seems like most of your threads are about young kids with DSLRs.

Perhaps you ought to re-examine your own photos first before you proffer any advice.

Let me just help you to enlarge the font size for those with presbyopia.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Starting from young is good. will learn a lot experience along the way id they bring their manual and their camera wherever they go, and if they join cs oso, they'll probaly be like me!!
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    either that or students cannot sign out the more "Pro" lens. I can imagine the shots they took yesterday to be either underexposed because not enough light, blurred because use Av on auto and harsh pics from those that use onboard flash.

should we post pointers for the sake of the students who might be reading this just that they maybe too paiseh to post or ask their trainer/teacher in charge.
    WHO SAYS STUDENTS CANT TAKE PRO IMAGeS??????
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Stereotype? Mayb?
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

i've handed my DSLR to my nieces who're only 4 and 10. the pictures she took... i was like

from what i told her, she was immediately able to grasp how focusing works. most of their images were sharp.

kids these days learn faster.

errr. i thought poly school cca got provide them with camera?
    You’ve got to push yourself harder.

I have been. Thats why i am getting more work. Quite surprising how the business side of photography is so much different then what we hear at talks and workshops.

As for the students, if they believe their pictures are good enough then okay-lah....ignore this thread. If they want the help, its still available if they would just ask.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th February 2011 at 04:29 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Let me just help you to enlarge the font size for those with presbyopia.
    http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/presbyopia.htm
    "Presbyopia is caused by an age-related process. This differs from astigmatism, nearsightedness and farsightedness, which are related to the shape of the eyeball and are caused by genetic and environmental factors. Presbyopia generally is believed to stem from a gradual thickening and loss of flexibility of the natural lens inside your eye.

These age-related changes occur within the proteins in the lens, making the lens harder and less elastic over time. Age-related changes also take place in the muscle fibers surrounding the lens. With less elasticity, the eye has a harder time focusing up close. Other, less popular theories exist as well."

Everyone will get it eventually it seems. Just a matter of time.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th February 2011 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Who said they cannot...what this thread is offering is simply to improve their hitrate and possible keepers. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

i've handed my DSLR to my nieces who're only 4 and 10. the pictures she took... i was like

from what i told her, she was immediately able to grasp how focusing works. most of their images were sharp.

kids these days learn faster.
    should have gotten into photography when i was younger and my eyes were sharper as well as not so restrained by this and that.

Kids have their way of looking at the world. I so envy them plus a lot of the shots they can take are "easily" forgiveable being kids and all.

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    Maybe TS is sour? What's up with all the presumptions? Are you jealous they have the opportunity to start young? Seems like most of your threads are about young kids with DSLRs.
    Who isnt...i thought engineering was the future so studied like mad and before i know it, late twenties liao. Then start having this commitment and that commitment which never ends.

If there is a photographer who is not even slightly envious of kids being able to start their photography journey so early...that person maybe something wrong liao.

Quote Originally Posted by AAljunied View Post
    Cannot say like that.
    We are all young and still learning.
    Some are younger.
    When we hit 90 then we are old.
    Learning is life long.

_______
    Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events | Max 360 prints per hour per printer |
    If only that was true...there will come an age when we still learn but forget what it was we learnt about not long after.

what can i say, i am a pessimist and thus far this trait of mine has served me well.

* Edit: A thousand plus views of this thread already, so there is somewhat considerable interest. Will close this thread and clear my PMs. Got anything to ask, feel free to PM.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th February 2011 at 04:43 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123